Cant put video onto computer

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by taaco, Nov 24, 2005.

1. taaco

taaco Member

I have the sony digital 8 DCR-TRV460 and for the past 2 days I have been trying to get what I have on tape onto my computer, the program that it comes with only streams it and can only export it with its own music which I do not want, my computer recognizes it but I have been trying with adobe premiere pro and showbiz 2 which both have the cabibility of capturing it for editing and exporting on the computer with premiere whenever I go to capture all I get is "Capture device offline" at the top of the capture window, with showbiz 2 all i get is a error stating "Device initialization failed. Please check the drive" Ive changed the settings on the camera and on the programs, I am connecting it with the USB cable that it came with. Please help!

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

3. mellymoo

mellymoo Member

<~~~ asked a couple of weeks ago :)

Hi i had a similar problem, my old pc would completely not recognise my camera (no capture devices enabled) although my new pc recognised it automatically.
    Someone told me about a driver for the pc to recognise the usb device.
    I went to the sony site and downloaded a sony usb driver for my type of camera and guess what now it works fine :O)

Hope this helps

Hope this is what you wanted to know - if not sorry