Can't transfer Games to hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Ohword, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Ohword

Ohword Member

The FTP connection is succesful, infact I have tansfered a few mp3's just to see if it will work.

But as soon as I transfer the game files to the F folder it gives me some sort of error.

Also when I tried transfering the ISO onto the hdd using qwix is simply never transfers.

help?

2. Goa_Man79

Goa_Man79 Member

I have the same problem. When I transfer my iso file. but it shows 0 meg only. i don't understand why. but when i transfer other folder which is not iso they transfer good.

kindly somebody help us.

thanks

3. theridges

theridges Guest

if your ftping the game u have to send it in raw file no iso form,as for the qwix i get that problem sometimes too but it will eventually send,restart your internet connection and try again...(so extract the iso using qwix and then ftp)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2006
  4. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Here's one for you. I can't acces drive f on my console and thats where every one says to store games on your console. I've soft modded my box succestfully using a tuturial by xmodder, FTP'd all my games to my cpu hard drive. Pretty damn easy. I read and read for a couple of days, downloaded programs like crazy and if I couldn't find them on a sight I used my trusty BEARSHAREPRO. I've still only got the originall HD in my console and just want to put one or two of my games on my hard drive for the sheer thrill of it.

I can't access drive F from any program Qwix, FlashXPF, and I enabled it in setting a dozen times. I'm starting to wonder if its even there? I thought it could mabey simply be a partition of C.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated and I would be happy to help anyone softmod there's. I can transfer all sorts of goodies via email or yahoo messager. dvdshrink, dycrypter,flashftx,craxtion,Qwix,ltools_v1.7.5_SC_NTSC,Mirc ext and so on. I savwe eeverything.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

what dashboard are u using and also what patcher did u use and what size is your harddrive???if your using unleashX make sure Enable drive F in settings is on,also if u didnt pick the right nk patcher it didnt use drive F as a save folder...all u need to do is put the game in the folder with the most room on your xbox it dont really matter what folder u use....

6. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Thank's for responding, I'm PBL-METOO as a bios loader/patcher and Evolution X as a dashboard. I transferred an ISO to drive E and couldn't access it from EvolutionX dashbord or Ltools menu, however I just read that it should have been in raw format.

From the EvolutionX dashbord I can load menus and then either load apps or GAMES. I click on games and of course nothing is there or click on apps and load ltools or mini linux. So in theory lets say I send a game from my pc to drive E on my console in raw form, it should load from the GAMES menu I mentioned?

Also after reading some more. I've had some difficulty using Qwix myself. It freezes when I click remove invalid folders. By the way defaut is F or when I click add a Folder it frezzes too. I do like how it tests your connection for you.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

look to fix that just ftp to your xbox and change your config/ini file to make it load from the E drive...

8. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

How do I change my config/ini file. Its on the xbox I asume.

9. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

Oh yeah I finnaly baccked up my first game to dvd+r using Craxtion and DVD Dycrypter. Fun fun fun.......... I really want it on my xbox hard drive though.

10. MLOYLLO

MLOYLLO Regular member

"So in theory lets say I send a game from my pc to drive E on my console in raw form, it should load from the GAMES menu I mentioned?"

Its on E but I cant load it. Do I send in Raw form like I copied it to my hard drive or in ISO format?

I just have one hard drive on the console correct? So are drives c,f,g,x,y,z partitions?

11. theridges

theridges Guest

yes all that should be right your ini/config file is on your xbox u can ftp to your computer change it in notepad and send it back to the xbox.it should be in your C drive if not maybe your E drive/dashboard folder.

as for sending the game to your xbox if u ftp it dont send it as a iso but if u use craxtion or qwix then send it as an iso....

12. steimy

steimy Active member

to make it easy, raw format is how it should be on your Xbox HDD
    Unless you have a special program, and there is one out there, you can not play ISO files from the HDD.
    Just transfer over the game folder, if all you have is an ISO then extract it then FTP or use Craxtion4 or Qwix to extract it while it FTP's it.
    I prefer extracting it to the PC then FTP'ing to the Xbox
    It is an extra step, but that is just how i do it if i have an ISO

13. theridges

theridges Guest

yea i had to do that with a couple of games that qwix had a problem with takes a little bit longer but u end with the same great result.....

14. skyda

skyda Regular member

I need to trasfer a ps2 hdd game back to pc,

i lost my soulcalibur3 game disc, but the game is saved on my ps2 hdd,

is there anyway to transfer my hdd soulcalibur3 back to my pc without disconnecting hdd from ps2?

then i can make a backup of soulcalibur3 using my pc...

i need the soulcalibur disc to play the game with actionreplay..

15. theridges

theridges Guest

i have no clue becuz i dont know if u can ftp with the ps2.....