cant u just put the xbox harddrive in ur pc and put the iso that way

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by flexmix, May 8, 2005.

1. flexmix

flexmix Member

cant u just put the xbox harddrive in ur pc and put the iso that way? like lets say hdloader for ps2

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

You know I really don't think has ever been tried.....(thinks for a moment)....So why don't you try and lets see what happens.

Degalle

(I see that you don't read enough, but I guess you are reading this hopefully so I give you some credit but not enough to gain my respect. Cuz if you read you would know that each xbox HDD is locked with a unique key that makes it unreadable in any normal computer today, to use it in a computer there is a tutorial off of www.xbox-scene.com that explains all of it. So in short the only thing you can stick in your computer as in HDD's is a unlocked xbox hdd not a locked, and then you have to format it and loss all your xbox info.)

3. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Whats the point? You gonna pull apart ur XBOX every time u do this? [bold]Ur MAD![/bold]
    Do what I have done:

1) Connect ur PC to your Router Modem (or straight from PC to XBOX)
    2) Connect your XBOX to your Router Modem
    3) Install on ur PC FlashFXP
    4) Configure FlashFXP to pick up XBOX through ur Router/PC
    [bold]OR[/bold]
    Install & configure Quix ISO Creation on PC to your XBOX
    5) UL the ISO to the XBOX HD.

This is how I have it, works a charm and never pull apart anything! I UL everything from movies to games! :p
    [bold]EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/bold]

[​IMG]

4. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

ugh.. Another person recommending FlashFXP. It's a horrible horrible program to use. You either have to crack it or buy it. Neither of which are very appealing. Go to http://www.download.com and get a copy of CoreFTP it's free and heaps easy to use.

Oh. And your dead right about the whole pulling the xbox apart and ripping out the hard drive thing. Deffinately too much hard work.

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

FLASHFXP is great, Ive used it for 2 years
    but dont get the new version, it has trouble transferring the teeny tiny files and skips em (seems to happen no matter what settings you use) SO I use the older version of flash
    (you dont need a crack btw:))
    You cant use the hdd from an xbox in a pc and setup that way, as the partitions are totally different. It has to be formatted and setup for xbox.
    The easiest way is use an auto installer, you can setup a hdd in a matter of minutes that way.
    If you do a lot of hdd setups for xbox, (like me) then it might be worthwhle to setup your xbox with more than one hdd, using a dpdt switch and an ide cable with an extra socket.
    check llamma.com they have a tutorial on there

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Even if you were able to make it work, what would be the purpose? Way too much work if you ask me.