car amp to home dvd surround??

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by turner123, May 4, 2008.

1. turner123

turner123 Guest

hi is it at all possible to connect my car amps upto my dvd player and use my car speakers subs etc in my house if there is anyway please forward this info thanks

2. engage16

engage16 Regular member

I don't see any reasons why you can't, If you can hook it all up via RCA cables (the red and white ones) then yes, it can be done someway somehow...

there are a few issues i'm seeing however... the remote wire (ususally a small blue one) is used to turn the amp on and off, you'd need to find a substitute for that while retaining proper voltages and the dc current. the other is HOW ARE YOU GOING TO POWER THE AMP? it needs a 12volt dc current on a negative ground...

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  3. turner123

turner123 Guest

i know about the remote turn on that is an issue i agree i have read about converting the 24v to 12v, thats why i put the question on ere just to see if it can be done with out using my head unit if it can and anymore advive from others is well apreciated thanks for your reply

4. engage16

engage16 Regular member

you can do it without your head unit...

its a rca cable from the audio out on your dvd player to your amp... then your subs and speakers out from your amp... simple enough.

the remote can be rigged into your powersupply because its a 12 volt positive connection.

the power supply is the key issue though man... how are you going to wire an amp into your house power? considering my amp in my car pulls 760 watts and 30 amps constantly, that's alot of power your gonna be running.

once you figure out how to hook up the positive and negative connections then you can rig the remote into the positive connection there, that solves that issue...

5. turner123

turner123 Guest

the power will be massive i know im thinking of running my 6 jl audio vr 6x9s from my alpne amp and then my 800rms cerwin vega sub from my jl slash amp may piss the neighbours off a little with there shelves falling down etc lol, i did see a web page were it described how to do the 12volt ill go back and take a look

6. engage16

engage16 Regular member

you just gotta be careful when hooking everything up, don't need to mess up and fry something or yourself... good luck with doing this, keep me updated on how it goes... should be interesting.