car audio problem can anyone help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by whytemic, Jul 2, 2008.

1. whytemic

whytemic Guest

dont know if anyone out there can help me it is driving me nuts....... i got a 94 cadillac deville when i turn my cd player up past like 20 it cuts off and comes back on but i gotta turn it down a notch or two.... i have checked for exposed wire or cross wiring and did not see anything wrong. i ran another ground and powerewire and stillhave the same problem.... thought it was my old cd player so got a new one still same problem anyone out there have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated

mike

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a feedback & suggestions issue.

3. Bucknekid

Bucknekid Member

New problem? Still factory speakers? Running amps? Are you talking about the mid and high freq drivers and not the subs? I ask because at that age the suspension of the speakers (spider & surround) becomes very loose. First guess I would think the one of the speakers voice coil is coming in contact with the frame of the speaker making a dead short. Way to troubleshot is to unplug a speaker at a time, crank it until it quits, repeat, repeat, repeat. If that isn't the problem, goto the headunit (if not running a amp) and disconnect the speaker leads thereby eliminating the wiring as a cause, got to work backwards, speakers, wiring, amp if present, headunit.

Does this car have the 6.5 in the doors & 6X9 in the rear deck?
    Was the factory tuner box in the passenger rear trunk? (Caddy did alot of weird things during these years)