car audio thread

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by lubricant, Jun 3, 2008.

1. lubricant

lubricant Guest

i think there should be a dedicated car audio thread on this site... i think there are alot of people that might enjoy said forum.
    does anyone agree with me?

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Go start one, redirect people there with good information, and it will be stickied. Ta da!

3. lubricant

lubricant Guest

keen, but where would i start it?

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

in the safety valve!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2008
  5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

In All Other Topics or one of the Audio sub-forums. The Safety Valve is not intended for serious/informative discussion.

6. lubricant

lubricant Guest

will do.

7. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Whatever, the movie thread is there. Sounds like a good place to me, not to mention all the other topics that have been there forever that get lots of attention. Guess it really doesn't matter though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2008
  8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

The movie thread, and other such topics, are not really seriously nor meant to be kept well on topic. A car audio thread would be a thread for serious inquiry and information, thus staying on topic and not belonging in the safety valve.

9. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

actually, this needs to be a forum. maybe an entire section. as a former car audio nut case there are TONS of stuff that goes into a professional car audio set up. mids, highs, lows, capacitors, crossovers, recievers, power sources, etc. thats just some of the hardware; it then branches off to setups like fiberglass, MDF (its been so long those letters might be wrong) board, plexiglass, etc. then other things...you get the pictures. this is also a very technical field. A lot of people dont realize what goes into a nice car audio setup. most people just think though in some subs and an amp. there are plenty things i didnt talk about, mainly wiring which cna get pretty crazy. my suggestion is actually maybe make a couple of forums for this. I dont think a forum can begin to cover this, much less a single thread.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I'm not an Admin, but i disagree that this site needs a car forum of any sort, let's not forget this is a tech site; but of course you're welcome to start a thread in the 'All Other Topics' forum.
    A thread like this wouldn't automatically qualify to be stickied (but anyways, if a thread is popular enough it wouldn't need stickying).

..though these are just my comments and i won't attempt to speak for the Admins.

11. lubricant

lubricant Guest

i started a thread in all other topics section of site..
    idk, i just think since there is a home theatre section in here there should be car audio too.

12. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Car audio, specifically when related to entertainment systems themselves and not focused on amps, speakers, etc fits quite nicely to the topics we cover, imo, as the goddamn things noadays even play DivX movies :) But anyway, lets see what happens with the thread, try to keep it on topic and as always, if it gathers plenty of attention and it stays nicely on topic and gets good, informative discussion (quite rare nowadays...), who knows, these "lets not teach your kids to read while on car, but watch TV instead" (joke..) packages might even get their own forum room ;-)

Would be actually interested to hear what the best in-car media players nowadays are capable of playing, etc -- despite the fact that I have a C-cassette player w/ FM radio in my own car ;-)

13. lubricant

lubricant Guest

sorry guys the thread got closed for multiposting. if any body wants to try anew, go ahead but i decided my energies will be best spent at a dedicated car audio forum

14. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

sorted it for you, am sure ddp will understand. We can always close this 'Afterdawn Feedback & Suggestions' thread when it's run it's course...

15. lubricant

lubricant Guest

thanks man. i was like wth?