Cell phoners...did you know........?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Discmania, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Discmania

Discmania Active member

For all you US and Canadian Cell Phone users did you know that you can send free SMS messages to any cell phone you want using Yahoo messenger? No cost at all. Send as many as you like as long as the recipient is in the US, Canada or selected other countries. Unfortunately this service is not available in Europe (blast and damnation!) Also, in case you didn't know you now geta wopping 10mb of free space automatically with yahoo email, not including any junk mail which is now syphoned off into a seperate folder. Well done Yahoo (are you listening hotmail?)

2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Well guess what, Hotmail aka MSN has announced that they are upping the free email space to 250mb, with in the next few months from memory....

EDIT: http://smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/25/1088046261288.html?oneclick=true

Regards
    CoZZa
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2004
  3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I believe it when I see it. The only reason they are doing it is because Google will be launching 1gb free email soon, but emails will be scanned for apropriate marketing material. Huh.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2004
  4. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Dont quite mind the G-Mail layout. I've got one and been playing around with it, looks pretty good aswell.
    Bout time M$ realized that 2.5mb aint enough space lol

Ok Back to the fone thing....

Regards
    CoZZa

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Almost all free services are increasing. Yahoo is at 100Mb right now, Excite is upgrading to 125Mb in September. Eventually every service will offer atleast 100Mb.

But the phone thing is really interesting. Too bad I can't stand cell phones. Reached any were, any time, buy anyone. Sounds scarry to me. I like hiding, and quiet.

6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I don't use my cellphone that much but why can't I send a free text message via yahoo in UK, or rest of Europe for that matter?

7. burgh

burgh Member

cool thx ppl

8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Ands what happens if u email in a nonenglish language (and non-babel supported language)

9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

THats why companies have translators. Look at how many companies have there help support in India, china ete. there are people there that know all the languages. Only if you type in Preator could you avoid it :)

Have not seen you write a message in your classic language, you must definenently be done with exams. :p
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2004