changing hdd letter

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by barts22, Jun 9, 2005.

1. barts22

barts22 Member

I need to know how to change the drive letter on an hdd from G to A. I need to make the hdd think it's a floppy drive so I can run dos from it. Or is there another alternative way of running from other than floppy drive. Like cd maybe. This would help lots.

Thanks

2. ken_919

ken_919 Regular member

here's how to change a drive letter:

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Performance and Maintenance.
    2. Click Administrative Tools, double-click Computer Management, and then click Disk Management in the left pane.
    3. Right-click the drive, the partition, the logical drive, or the volume that you want to assign a drive letter to, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    4. Click Change.
    5. Click Assign the following drive letter if it is not already selected, click the drive letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
    6. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the drive letter change.

3. barts22

barts22 Member

Thanks but I need to know how to change the drive letter to A. But thanks for trying.

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

you can't change a hdd letter to A as far as I know, C is the lowest. even if there is a way to make it as A, your computer will still see it as a hdd, it won't be fooled into thinking its a floppy drive. Why not just run dos FROM a floppy?