cod3, thp8, and nfs:c backup problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xboxfan01, Nov 24, 2006.

1. xboxfan01

xboxfan01 Member

So i have these three games COD3, THP8, and NFS:C and went to put them on my xbox hard drive but each comes up with an error when started as the following: COD3:Disk is dirty or damaged
    THP8:Freezes in dashboard before it even loads NFS:C: Freezes in dashoard before it even loads So, anyone that can help me and knows what the problem is please help me out. Thanks
    P.S. forgot to add that i dont have a burner and just want to know if anybody has successfully backed up there games and it works. I own these games i just dont want to carry disks around with me.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  2. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

ummm clear your cache files and then recopy them

3. xboxfan01

xboxfan01 Member

I cleared the cache and recopied my games to the hard drive, but its still doing the same thing. Tony Hawks Project 8 says dirty disc now, NFS:Carbon freezes in dash, and Call of Duty 3 says dirty disc. I'm guessing im going to have to carry the disks with my now, right?

4. SonicS

SonicS Guest

I have the same problem with Call of Duty 3, same error. I'm trying to resolve it at the moment

5. SonicS

SonicS Guest

ok clearing the cache and FTPing the files back on didn't make a difference. Anyone know how to make it work?? would be a great help thnx

6. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

i have never done it by ftping i just burn it and put a copy of it in the xbox then copy the files from the disc, you may want to try that

7. SonicS

SonicS Guest

wow it worked! I copied them straight off the disk using dvd2xbox. works like a charm now, thanks