Component Cables and DVD Players

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by MondiBlue, Apr 8, 2006.

1. MondiBlue

MondiBlue Guest

I have a Phillips 30" Widescreen HDTV and a Phillips DVP642 DVD Player and am currently using composite cables to connect the DVD player to the TV. I'm wondering how much of a difference component cables will make on my TV. Will there be that much of a difference and if it does, which brand do you recommend?

2. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Composite is the worst set up you can get. To get the best picture use component, but remember component does not carry sound so make sure you have an amplifier.

It would probably be better for you to use RGB scart it is not as good as component but a million times better than composite.

Make sure you configure your dvd player to what ever connection you are using.

Regarding what brand a good place to start is ixos or QED

3. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

Does your DVD player have Component outputs? If not, buy a newer DVD player, as most now have component. DON'T buy Monster component cables! I bought mine at Target for a lot less.

4. MondiBlue

MondiBlue Guest

Yeah, the DVD player has a Component Video Out on the back of it. What exactly is an amplifier? I have found a 3 foot Gold Plated HDTV RCA Component Video Python Cable, is that what I would need to connect it to my tv?

Thanks for all the help

5. sd72667

sd72667 Regular member

You do not need an amp or stereo receiver. Just plug an audio cable, usually red and white RCA style cable to your tv and your blue, green, red component to your tv. Try Monoprice.com to purchase your cables. They are very $cheap$