computer crashing

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by G-4CE, Oct 10, 2003.

1. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

when i turn on my computer it just restarts itself one after another or if it does come on it dose it randomly.and in process's in task manager loads of things are running from when i turn it on that i have never seen i tryed going into regedit and deleteing them but had no luck i do disc cleanup and defrag reguarly

comp specs:
    dell dimension 4300
    windows xp
    pentium 4 1.80ghz
    512MB

2. Strix_V

Strix_V Member

I believe that the MS-Blast worm that came out a little while ago causes random reboots. You should try to get the patch. If you do in fact have the worm, just go to Run, type msconfig, and go to the startup section. You can stop the worm from loading when your comp turns on, and you might get enough time to find the fix for it online. One thing though, you shouldn't go into your registry and delete stuff unless you are 100% sure about it, because you can really mess up your system that way.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

4. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

i did get the worm awhile ago but i followed all the fixing instructions got the patch and it seemed to work fine do you still think it might be the worm cuz somedays my computer works fine and would it cause loads of things to run in process's?

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Consider just refraggin the system just to relieve yourself of all the stress of trying to figure it out? :)

6. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

looks like i have to even thought its so ennoying since it was only done some months ago oh well