Computer Slows Down After Using DVD Drive

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by baken19, Oct 22, 2007.

1. baken19

baken19 Member

My computer has been fine all of this time, then all of a sudden, when I was burning a dvd iso. My computer slowed right down.

The program froze up and didnt finish and I could not open the DVD drive door. So I restarted hoping to fix it, and for the last week its been really really slow.

To get onto the internet, it takes forever to load a page, and when on msn, when typing a message it lags.

I heard it might just be dust, but do you have any other ideas?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

sounds like your computer needs a good cleaning out! First.... when was the last time you Defragged your computer? How about using the DiskClean program found in START/ALL PROGRAMS/ASSESSORIES/SYSTEM TOOLS/DISKCLEAN
    You can find the Defrag program there, too. two easy programs that can clean up windows and make your computer running free. Also do a virus scan and see if your computer is infected! A virus can slow down your computer, too! First clean your computer up..... then see if there is a difference. go to your browser and delete cookies, history file, clear your cache and temporary Internet files, etc.... found in TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS.

There are plenty more programs that you can get to clean out your computer and make it lean and mean like you first bought your machine! Keeping your computer clean means whether you keep your computer a long time or buy new ones every time it slows down so much that you can't stand it any more!

Also clean your registry out, too...... here is a free registry cleaner that will help you, too: CCleaner use it and keep your machine running clean!