Computer to Xbox FTP wont friggin work

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tfphoenix, May 18, 2005.

1. tfphoenix

tfphoenix Member

ive tried all the hints ive seen from other ppl who cant get this to work, please help, im trying to ftp my xbox, my pc and xbox are connected through a netgear WGR614 router, my evo-x network setup is standard but when i try to ftp it with internet explorer or programs like qwix it fails.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

what are your network settings(both xbox and pc)? how are you connecting your xbox to your pc(router/hub or crossover cable)?

3. daemondog

daemondog Member

Hey..Im haveing the same problem. I cant get my Xbox to link up with my computer. I have my xbox hooked up with a Linksys router and my computer is wireless.

My xbox settings are:
    ip 192.168.1.200
    sub 255.255.255.0
    default gateway 192.168.1.1

4. daemondog

daemondog Member

forgot to add my PC settings:

IP 192.168.1.100
    subnet mask 255.255.255.9
    default gateway 192.168.1.1

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

are you trying to ftp from evox? what ftp client? what are you using for the username and password?

just so you know, ftp from a wireless pc to xbox equals a very slow transfer speed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2005
  6. daemondog

daemondog Member

I just tried to change the IP address of my Xbox to 192.168.1.103 and rebooted to the xbox. The address retured back to 192.168.1.200.

To be honest I dont really know what a fttp client is or if I have one installed but my xbox is running with Evolution X. Hope someone out there can help me.

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

a ftp client is a application you run on your pc(flashfxp, coreftp, etc...)

you use that ftp client on your pc to connect to the xbox...so i take it you have no clue of what you are doing.

8. daemondog

daemondog Member

That right Md you got me...I stumbling through the process. I just need a little help to get me through this. Can you recomend a fttp client program and a link (if that possible?) The guy that modded my xbox for me had my xbox hook up to his network.. I just want to be able to do the same.

Please someone...(on my knees) help this poor (sobbing tears) unknowing fool out (sniff..sniff)

9. mdsup

mdsup Guest

try FlashFXP

www.flashfxp.com (i think)

once you get it installed on your pc open it up, on the right at the top there should be a lightning bolt looking thing, click that, then quick connect, this should open up a new box.

server or url: enter your xbox ip addy
    username: xbox
    password: xbox

then click connect, and it should then connect you to your xbox.

ftp is basically drag and drop, your pc is on the left, and the xbox is on the right.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2005
  10. daemondog

daemondog Member

alright just downloaded FlashFXP 3.2.0.1080 final...whats next guys?

11. daemondog

daemondog Member

Bro you are the Shizz-nack! It worked thanks for helping me out!

12. daemondog

daemondog Member

Alright....now I've gotten into another problem.....some of the games thati had saved on my hard drive are not found by the flashfxp program. I've checked all the folders on my xbox..but more that half of my games are missing. Anybody have any ideas?

13. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

try changing the bios in your xbox chip

14. tfphoenix

tfphoenix Member

well my friend let me borrow a system link cable today so when i get home from school ill chack that out, i think the problem had something to do with the router.

15. tfphoenix

tfphoenix Member

well my problem is that when the xbox is directly connected to the computer neither of them respond (light up the green light to show connection) ive tried with a crossover cable and a regular cable. any ideas? my network card is a d-link DFE-530tx+ , i tried using an xbox system link cable and it did the same thing.

16. ant_coe_

ant_coe_ Member

daemondog,

The problem with switching harddisks in the xbox is that they need to be correctly formatted, also one of the drives is a swap drive and normally has a drive letter between g and z

Once you are running out of space or play a game which requires a larger amount of files to run, e.g halo2 (running from the cd or hdd) it will clear away files until it has got enough space to use

I know this becasue the same problem occured to me, i had linux installed onto my g drive and it was cleared out when i played splinter cell...

Hopefully this will partly solve the problem, but to stop it from happening in the future keep backups and you could set the file system of the partition with the saved xbox games to read only, which will be envunlerable to deletion of any kind

If this does not solve the problem, try getting more xbox utilities and check the disk...

You will unfortunatly have to borrow the games you had saved or rent them out again

Antony