Concerning Afterdawn IRC Channel...

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Toiletman, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Just before you read this, I didn't piss ANYONE off or do anything bad in the IRC network for a long time.

While I was chatting with the rest of the Afterdawn at #ad_buddies, I decided to check at #stfu, as I heard they were closed because of DoS attacks, and I wondered whether they had recovered by then. So I typed in "/j #stfu" and then BAM I was instantly killed from the channel, along with the network with a message about spam bots??! What the hell happened? Can anyone help me sort this out? I don't even know the address of the network where I can email my questions to!

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Everyone is entitled to their own true opinion. Either respect that or don't.[/small]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2004
  2. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Hey TM, so you cant get back onto Addictz ?

What error message did you get ?

If you get me your hostname the @addictz-blahblahblah bit, ill see if i can sort it out for you.

Regards
    CoZZa

3. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I don't know the exact words of the error message, but it was something like AUTOBANNED - This is not a network for spam bots or advertising.

Or something. I think it was a "trap channel", if you get what I mean. I should've looked at the description on the channel list before I joined....

Oh and, I can't even connect to the server. It refuses me, so I can't get the hostname! ARGH! My only hope is that it's not permanent...

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LMAO somebody got his sorry ass AK'd off the network :p

5. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

So it says connnection refused...

/server irc.addictz.net:6669

Sometimes it does that just for the sake of it.

Regards
    CoZZa

6. Praetor

Yea but "connection refused" and "autobanned" are two completely different things. :)

7. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

That meaning, you should be able to connect to addictz, it would be when u tried to join the channel that it doesnt let u and disconnects you.

That why i said the connection refused, i get that sometimes, especially when i just open IRC. Just type /server irc.addictz.net:6669 or :6667 nad it usually connects.

Regards
    CoZZa

8. Praetor

Ya but for some reason i think Toiletman managed to get network banned :p

9. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

CoZZa, I still get the "connection refused" message after typing both ports.

I thought getting killed was a network ban right? Killed = Glined?

When I got killed in the past times, from different servers, I could actually connect to the server and see the MOTD etc., before getting "You are banned from this network"

10. Praetor

Well you can get network banned as well as channel banned :)

Well you have to be able to connect to the server before it can kill you :)

11. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

I rememember when mrage got G-Lines before.... lol

You should still be at least connecting... you dont by any change have the new Zone Alarm Firewall do you...

I have heard a few problems with people and IRC with it. Try disabling your firewall, and try again

Regards
    CoZZa

12. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I don't have Zone Alarm. Anyway, it worked perfectly fine before, and I know it's definitely something to do with me joining #stfu under the circumstances stated above! =(

Well, at least you guys know not to join #stfu now! :D
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Everyone is entitled to their own true opinion. Either respect that or don't.[/small]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2004
  13. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Have you tryed changing your Nickname and IDENTD, and if u have a dynamic IP, disconnects the router/modem to get a new ip?

Regards
    CoZZa