Conflicting TV and Computer Cable

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by GuyGordon, Mar 18, 2004.

1. GuyGordon

GuyGordon Member

Hi, I’ve been living in the same house for over ten years and I’ve had free basic cable fed into it from the day I moved in. I’ve never been charged for it and I wasn’t about to call up Comcast and complain. I was wondering if it was safe for me to get cable internet. I’ve been using DSL for the past year because I didn’t know if they would charge me a gazillion dollar for the past decade. My contract for DSL is expiring pretty soon and I wanted to know if it was safe for me to get cable internet through any provider without them screwing me over? Thanks in advance

- Guy

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Why mess with a good thing? :)

3. bird1234

bird1234 Member

If your area cable provider is Comcast, you should just stick with DSL. I have coworkers and friends both saying they have been having problems with comcast's internet. Also since they took over AT&T cable network, they actually cut back on bandwidth. The common person won't notice this, but for those who download a lot of files, they would have noticed a decrease in speed on their downloads. Also the upload speed is pathetic. Watching my friend try to upload painful to watch, only 20k a sec for overall upload bandwidth. Just try to stick with DSL, your better off.