Confused & not wanting to cause offence

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nerdy1, Jul 1, 2004.

1. nerdy1

nerdy1 Guest

I posted a question this morning & Praetor kindly answered & pointed me off in the direction of rule number 5 (which I have read & understand).

I am sorry, but I genuinely know next to nothing about computing & I am not trying to get suspended but please could someone explain a little further.

Is Praetor, trying to tell me by his response that the files which I named, to which the question was referring are Pirate. If so I assume he can tell by their type/name?

Sorry for being thick I am trying to learn as best I can.

Many thanks

Nerdy1

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Dont stress it too much :) I was just noting that those such 50 files are pirated material because (a) i recognize the naming convention and (b) how often does legitmate software ship are multipart archives? ;-) Have a look at http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/83614 if you need to deal with those files but I'm afraid that's about the limit of which I can discuss this :)

3. nerdy1

nerdy1 Guest

Praetor,

I would just like to thank you for your help, even though my question was about things I now know to be dodgy.

You are truly a God like entity, can you get some of this wisdom to rub off on me!

It worked! not that I would doubt it.

Many thanks Nerdy1

4. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yes, Godlike ;-)

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Your words... not mine.... now all I've gotta do is convince a certain single young lady of that fact :p