Conker: Live & Reloaded

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Hounddog1, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Hounddog1

Hounddog1 Member

This game is just over the DVD 5 limit if you rent and copy it. I'm trying to figure out which files I can remove and still get away with fitting it on a DVD 5 disc. If you have an idea, please let us know. So far I've removed some foreign language fonts and text. That's all.

/-/ound...

2. Hounddog1

Hounddog1 Member

OK, I took out UPDATE.XBE and DASHUPDATE.XBE as well and the game seems to work just fine on the DVD5 disc. So there you go. If you find any problems with that please let me know.

/-/ound...

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

also in the directory of

conker live and reloaded\dvddata\aid\text

there will be more than one language....just delete the languages that you won't be using.

PS-dont touch the 'languageagnostic' file.

After you delete the update files and the language files the image will be around 4.37 gigs.

4. bennyd

bennyd Member

I got a PAL version of the game and when i load it, its in black and white. None of the other PAL version games i have had ne problems. Ne one know what to do to fix it?

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

punqewe, that is exactly what I did and it works great.

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Yeah it's alot easier than using a tool.

7. gt12k5

gt12k5 Member

I'm having trouble backing this game up. I deleted the UPDATE.XBE and DASHUPDATE.XBE, burning on sony 2x media which has worked fine on all my other games with a NEC 16x burner, but the game freezes after it starts to load. Have made 2 coasters so far. Is anyone else having this problem? Also is it necessary to delete the language files that I'm not using? Thanks

8. gt12k5

gt12k5 Member

For anyone who had the same problem I had I tried a different dvd and it works.

9. scavo

scavo Member

Hi, I have the Conker image. Deleted the \dvddata\aid\text of all unusable languages. Kept english and the languageagnostics. I couldnt find the Update.xbe and dashupdate.xbe, think they were already deleted. Now I have created the new image with Qwix 1.01 and its still too big. Am i missing some file deletion? or is there a way to compress some files? thanks