Connecting my modded xbox to my pc for making back ups

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by buddah68, May 31, 2005.

1. buddah68

buddah68 Member

I have very little know how on the capabilities of my modded box. I have read that there is ways to make back ups and play them on my modded xbox. I was wondering if it made it easier to due with my xbox connected to my pc? Also I wandered if I could then easily download and transfer games to by xbox hdd then? If anyone can help me out that would be awesome. Thanks!

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

read the very first thread in this backup forum, it is in big BOLD letters

3. buddah68

buddah68 Member

i have a modded xbox with a Xecuter chip, running an avalanch dashboard. Can i use a wireless router if it has spaces for the ethernet cable also? can i use an ethernet cable? Also will i have any trouble or have any problems using that router if it is used for my internet also? Can i get the programs that are needed for free? If you can help walk me through it alittle that would be kick ass but if you can atleast answer these questions it would help me out. thanks

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

yes you can use a router and standard ethernet cable to establish a ftp connection...if you use a router you don't need to change the network settings since the router automatically assigns the xbox a ip address...you will have no problems with your internet if you connect your xbox to the router, everything will work exactly the same...there are tons of guides in these forums on how to ftp, do a little research, and yes you can download a ftp client for free.