Convert DVD movie to ipod

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by roledaddy, Nov 15, 2010.

1. roledaddy

roledaddy Member

I use DVD Shrink 3.2 and Replay converter 4 which at $29.95 it beats $50.00 to alow DVD Fab HD Decrypter to do it. Which I have never tried. I origonaly got the Replay converter 4 to convert photo story 3 for windows projects to ipod and later learned how to do full length movies. What I do is Re-author the main movie title whith DVD Shrink. I'm not shure if it maters but in full disc mode I click on the movie title and chose the desired language then switch over to Re-author mode and double click on the main movie tittle and then click back up. Important before you backup I learned you have to click on Edit and then prefrences and then under the output files tab make shure that the split VOB files into 1GB chunks is unchecked. Back up the file to a known location. Then open Replay Converter and click on +Files and navigate it to the location of the back up and select the largest file usealy marked VTS_01_1.mp4 then just direct it to convert it to a known location. Select the desired format for conversion I use ipod high quality 450 KPS and it works well you don't get any main menue functions so you can't turn on the subtittle but I'm not shure if you can on ones bought from iTunes.

2. attar

attar Senior member

StaxRip has an iPod template.
    It can open a ripped movie folder and optionally burn the subtitles to the video.

I use the program daily to convert recorded TV to AVI format.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/StaxRip