convert ntsc xbox 2 pal xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tructhy, Jul 2, 2006.

1. tructhy

tructhy Member

I have serch the forum for thi subjet, but did not found any answer. I have a ntsc xbox which i softmoded and it work great, thanks for the guides here. Now i`am planning to give it to my friend in asia. It is still possible for him to play copy pal games even though is ntsc xbox ? It there a guide for converting ntsc xbox to pal xbox. Thanks alot for everyone that support this forum.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

since its modded it would be just a matter of the power source but asia should be ntsc if im not wrong what part of asia is it?

3. tructhy

tructhy Member

Thanks for repling my question. It is VIETNAM ,and i know is PAL

4. theridges

theridges Guest

well it would just be the power supply then because modded consoles are region free....

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Only with a modchip are they region free. I have a softmodded Xbox and it really annoys me the fact that I can't play NTSC games in colour, properly. I would either have to buy a more expensive TV or buy a modchip for my Xbox. So basically, it aint gonna happen if your friend's TV does not support the NTSC signal.

-Mike

6. theridges

theridges Guest

that really is confusing why can the NTSC xbox's handle the PAL signal's perfectly??? I also have a softmod and all my PAL games run fine, i thought it would run fine if you just switched it....

7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

So did I. Even after switching it, it doesen't change a thing. Quite annoying!

-Mike

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Depends on your TV as well.. Some games (psychonauts..LOTR the third age) are hard region coded. Try Xswitch or ntsc/pal apps, but no guarantees.

9. tructhy

tructhy Member

thanks all for reply. I guess i go get ma a modchip and a power supply and redo the xbox.