1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ConverterLite DVD Making

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by free377, Feb 17, 2018.

1. free377

free377 Member

Hi. I use CL to make DVDs out of avi mkv mp4 etc. video files, for things like YouTube BBC shows not yet released on DVD. It works fine aside from only allowing you < 120 mins. per transformation. The only problem I have is this: Am I right in believing you can ONLY burn the transformed files immediately, that they cannot be saved first, then manipulated with DVDShrink later? I'd like to change things into DVD files then keep before I burn. If there happens to be a dark hole on the DVD during using CL, both the transfer and burn are lost. So, my question is: How to SAVE the DVD files, not burn them right away.
    I've used XMediaRecode but cannot figure out how to make DVD files for burning on that, and on 2 computers that program is horribly slow (fast and fine one one--any ideas about that?). Freemake DVD making leaves you with a reduced-quality copy, HDDVDFabDecrypter leaves you with a watermark. HELP!
    Or are there any other free programs that easily make full-length files into DVD files WITHOUT burning right away and WITHOUT any loss of quality?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Regarding no loss of quality when recoding.There's always loss of quality,the only way to help mitigate that loss to a certain extent is if the source video is a large file i.e above 10gb in size as the higher the bit rate the better the quality & the larger the file will be.As for avi.Anything encoded in that format will always look like crap unless viewed on a small screen.A dvd is either 4gb or 8 & the more compression required to get a movie to fit the more crap the video will always be

Check the tuts section or forum search for somth'n like convert avi etc to dvd
    videohelp most probably has the tuts you need
    Best option is not to bother with making dvd's
    No ! any decent program will let you save the video files before burning.Are you sure there's no setting to disable auto burn.Regardless the files have to be stored somewhere,knowing where they are will allow you to move/copy them else where,don't need to have a dvd in the drive.
    It may be possible to get the program to burn them to a virtual dvd,tho i'm not sure how it would be done