1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting DivX, avi, MPEG to DVD Format

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by marvinr, Aug 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

b$j: CD image is basically a one signle file that contains the stuff that CD will contain -- it's a "photo of the CD" containing the exact data in the exact same way as it will appear on CD once it's burned, whatever the content - audio, video, PSX game, PC game, regular data, etc.. You burn images by choosing "Burn from image" from your CD software and open the image file (600-800MB file) from your HDD and burn it.

slimvargy: Yes.

2. slimvargy

slimvargy Member

Since Nero v5.5 has the encoding included in it, if that is used could I just open the AVI files send them through Nero and then burn them onto a CD-R?

3. dRD

NO!!

Read these forums, man! Nero's encoding quality _sucks_ -- it produces horrible quality if you compare it to any stand-alone MPEG-1/2 encoder, like TMPGEnc (which is free).

4. slimvargy

slimvargy Member

OK thanks...and I read that...but I find good/bad reviews about everything...I'll stick with you though so now I need some help. What OS specs do I need to support everything I will need to create the movies I desire. Maybe this is a stupid question but while looking at TMPGEnc stuff they made it sound like you needed a huge amout of space and I'm just not sure if I have it.

5. dRD

Operating system can be basically any Windows -- you just need lots of HDD for DVD conversions, gigabytes and gigabytes of free space. If you plan to rip your original DVD and make a DVD-R copy out of it, you need to have appx. 10GB of free HDD space -- luckily HDD is cheap nowadays.

6. dRD

Now I'm gonna close this thread, getting too big and has too many non-related discussions within one thread :)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.