Converting iso to Xbox files

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mrlee76, Nov 7, 2005.

1. mrlee76

mrlee76 Member

Can someone please help me out. I converted a rar file to an iso. In turn i have converted it to a xiso but now i am having difficulties uploading it to my Xbox. Does anyone have any ideas as I am totally perplexed. I tried using FlashFXP but it wont play when i turn on my xbox.
    Thanks

2. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

Umm, what do you mean you converted it to an iso then an xiso. I am guessing that you downloaded the game & if this is the case then you only have to extract the .rar files and it will create the xiso automatically. from there you can either burn the game or use qwix to extract the xiso to a folder. after extracting it just ftp all the files to the xbox. the boot the xbox up and choose "play media from hard drive" select ya game and ya off.

3. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

You don't want to upload the game to your hdd as an iso. You'll need to extract the iso using Qwix or Craxtion and then FTP the contents of the extracted iso to your xbox hdd. FTP it to the E,F or G partition(depending on whether you have an upgraded hdd). So, for example, place all your files in a folder named after the game like = Halo 2 and FTP the entire folder to F:\Games(if you don't have a folder named Games in the partition create one using FlashFXP. You can also create the game folder with FlashFXP also if you want. So it would appear as follows... F:\Games\Halo 2 . Now when you go to the Games button on your dash the game should be selectable and there should be an icon of the game also.

4. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

I believe I already stated that m8.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

or burn the ISO to a DVD and put DVD2Xbox on you xbox and use
    that to copy it from the DVD to the HDD

Other than that the methods above would be your best bet.
    Craxtion works real well for ripping, creating ISO's and
    extracting ISO's so they can be FTP'ed to the HDD