copy game data into xbox hardrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jeffreywu, Apr 18, 2006.

1. jeffreywu

jeffreywu Member

i have a big big question...

i want to backup my xbox game bought from EB games
    after i read all the articles i knew that in order to back up i have to copy games into xbox hardrive and then use ftp to get game data to cpmputer then create iso files.

but i met the barieer is that i don't know how to do the first step: copy game into xbbox HDD.
    i'm using the mod chip xceuter 2
    can that chip still do the job for me?

thank u guys for answering

2. theridges

theridges Guest

what game is it and how much room d oyou have left on your HDD most of the time you have to upgrade your HDD to put games on there.....to copy the game you will need a program called DVD2XBox....

3. steimy

steimy Active member

DVD2Xbox is a great program, and is used to put it on the HDD.

But if you want to skip that step you can just FTP the game with your FTP client, Craxtion4 or Qwix strait from the DVD drive to your PC.
    Just choose the D: folder to FTP and that is where the game is, FTP or rip the whole folder to your PC.

Then to back it up on DVD just use Craxtion4 or Qwick to make that whole folder into an ISO file and burn that to DVD.

If you want to start putting games on your HDD then i suggest you get a new one and replace the stock one which is only like 8GB
    It is an easy process if you have a chip. Get one that is like 160GB or above and then you can store a lot of games on it and run them from there with no discs at all. Plus the load times will be faster that way.