1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Copy right Wonderfox

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Brimorton116, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Brimorton116

Brimorton116 Regular member

I have been using Wonderfox DVD ripping software for a couple of days, i notice some store bought DVD's will not rip but others will, is it copy right protection

Thank you

Dan

2. sikosrus

sikosrus Member

thats exatly what it is. The free ver will decrypt some dvds The paid ver will rip all dvds as they update the program to bypass protections. I own a wonderfox lifetime licence for their dvd converter works flawlessly

3. sikosrus

sikosrus Member

Try DVD Passkey lite which is free, in conjunction with wonderfox it may decrypt the dvds so you can rip them. Scroll to the bottom of the page. you will find it in free stuff. Here is the link for that.Good Luck!
    http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?trackID=navmenu

4. Brimorton116

Brimorton116 Regular member

Thanks for your help sik, i downloaded paskey and ran it , it ran something but notice that anything anything happened, all it did was open the video audio files from the DVD

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

use dvdfab it's free to rip & decrypt always.The rest is trial.All you need is the rip option which you don't pay for. Anything else you want to do can be done with free software as in pay no money if you bother to look for it
    software section here at AD
    or
    videohelp.com

6. Agent bear007

Agent bear007 Newbie

I know this was posted 15 years ago it's 2020 now seems like wonderfox and Wondershare have trouble now with copy protection, I don't know if that copy protection has gotten any better ( doubt it) or the programs are shying away from defeating it.

7. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Copy protection has gotten more stingent, especially for Blu-ray discs. The AACS requirements change frequently and copy protection detection has been built into the firmware for more recent optical drives. So, if your software doesn't have a problem with it, you might not be able to burn it.

8. Agent bear007

Agent bear007 Newbie

I am making copies of my DVD's to go on my media server in my home -- these DVD's are old 10 years maybe some more some less -- and of course being able to defeat copy protection is fundamental to the point of the primary purpose of video conversion. so as far as I am concerned -- Wondershare isn't off the hook on this one for guys like me that bought a lifetime license. - You have to rip the video to convert it.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Try this. Download a copy of DVDFab Passkey free, or AnyDVD trial, either will remove copy protection from any disc for any ripper you decide to choose, including DVD Decrypter. When using it always choose to "keep free." See image #1

https://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-lite.htm

upload_2020-12-27_21-1-38.

If you don't have it, Download a copy of Handbrake.

https://handbrake.fr/

When Passkey is running you can convert files directly from disc to Handbrake. Click on Passkey to load, insert a disc and let it scan it. Never choose to download from DVDFab, they're trying to sell you their wares. Once it's loaded then open Handbrake and you should see this. Note the ADV_Superman is listed. Click it to open.

upload_2020-12-27_21-9-40.

Once the disc has loaded go to the top menu to ADD TO QUE, and click the little arrow which will give the choice, choose Add Selection. This will open a window where you can deselect the files you don't want to encode. See image.

upload_2020-12-27_21-35-44.

To the left you can see where you can deselect the files you don't want. Also notice the time run for each image is listed. This is useful for episodic or discs that run in serious such as TV shows, because it gives you the run time of each episode which makes it easy to choose. Notice on this one you will see a first choice is 2:36:40 which is the time of the entire selection of episodes, deselect it or it will record all your episodes into one large file. Below that you will see several sources listed at about 26 minutes. On this disc all the shows are all 30 minute shows so select all those.. See image

upload_2020-12-27_21-37-55.

Notice only the selected images.

upload_2020-12-27_21-43-7.

Once you've made your selection then click the ADD button. Then go to the top and hit Start Encode. Or you can change quality settings. Doing this procedure also allows for Batch Encode, for individual episodes to be recorded as separate playable video files.

Things to consider, are make certain that you choose a working folder. You can also set the quality of the outcome. It's best to choose Constant Framerate, because it will give you a better result and eliminate time consumed with two pass. You can also adjust the Constant Quality to improve your result. Note, that if you adjust it you will get a larger files size, and if you do it too much the file will be unnecessarily large. See last image.

upload_2020-12-27_21-50-42.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020