copy xbox game to my hd pc

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by guydotleb, Jan 26, 2006.

1. guydotleb

guydotleb Guest

My first time.
    I think i have a softmod xbox, because when i open the box i could not see any chip, may be i looked at the wrong place. Also i tried to find the version of my xbox but i could not see that either. When i boot my xbox i see evox lego, so i am assuming i am not using ms dashbord. I am able to ftp to my xbox no problem. But when launch my game i loose my connection with my xbox. So if i don't launch my game how can i copy it to my hd pc. Tks i am been reading for two days but i am still in the dark.

2. addicted2

addicted2 Member

are you tring to put it on the pc or xbox hdd? when you turn your xbox on (not hooked up to your computer) and the evox screen pops up is there options like (play games from hdd)(trainers)(emulators) and so on??
    if you have that then yes your xbox is softmodded,(atleast thats what mine looks like) next to put the games on the hdd all you have to do is put the original game in the diskdrive,then in the top right corner of the screen you will see the words,ins then checking then it will say either game,video, if it says game then you can burn it to the hdd, the next step is to go down to "launch applacations" then after you hit that you should get the next screen that will give you 2 options.the 1st is the "dvd2x-dongle", the 2nd is "dvd2xbox" pick this one. then it will check the drive and so on, then you will be at the screen that will let you copy the game to the hdd.

good luck and i hope i helped ya out some..

later

add

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  3. guydotleb

guydotleb Guest

Tks for taking time to answer.
    I am trying to copy on my pc hd thru ftp as i don't have enough space in my xbox drive. When i boot my xbox this is what i see
    Launch dvd
    ms dashboard
    reboot
    power off
    system utils
    launch menu
    i Don't see anything in the right corner.
    may be the guy didn't load everything i need. Where on the motherboard the chip should be. Searching would not tell me what you just told me, this is why i post this thread. Tks

4. steimy

steimy Active member

EvoX would be the dashboard you are using, MS dashboard is the default one. You can get to that by choosing the option on the main EvoX screen, or by starting the Xbox by opening the DVD Tray rather than using the power button.

Not sure why you are loosing the connection when a game launches?
    I have FTP'ed a few games to and from the PC. Does the disc auto run when you stick it in? that may cause a problem.
    And when you FTP a game you do not start the game at all.
    You stick it in the DVD Drive, then go to your PC and start the
    FTP program up and connect to the Xbox. Once you do that you should see a folder D: on your xbox side, that is your DVD Drive and where your game shold be. You just FTP the whole D: folder to your PC.

5. guydotleb

guydotleb Guest

Tks,
    no the game doesn't launch by itself, i have to hit the dvd launch. But why when i look at the D directory with no cd in the dvd if see default.xbe 5.13mb and many other files. Should not that be blank.
    My problem is the guy who installed the softmod or chipmod doesn't want to talk to me, so i don't anybody who could help me. Tks