1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying game save from PC to PS2 using uLaunchELF

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dan168, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Nope to ps1 saves, dunno what to do with them.

Cruzdavid have you got a USBD.IRX file in the right place on your memory card?

2. CruzDavid

CruzDavid Regular member

got it workin with armax and just puttin the armax files on my usb drive.

3. amz123amz

amz123amz Guest

how do i ftp my laptop using crossover wire

using ulaunchelf HOST functions

cant find the link

somebody send me a tutorial please
    iv seen it here before..

4. sinners

sinners Regular member

Sweet, got this working with my PS2 slimline using SwapMagic 3.6. Now I can Export and Backup my important saves! No need to buy another memory card!

5. bigwen1

bigwen1 Member

How do i transfer it without modding my sytem and not purchasing anything and having a flash drive and a laptop?

6. Daxsmoker

Daxsmoker Regular member

there is no need for all that other work just get codebreaker V8 and up (walmart $20) and a flash drive (512gb or up) and you can transfer save with no problem. But how do you tranfer ps1 saves!!!

7. TommyX443

TommyX443 Member

Can anyone show me how to do this but for psx game save instead of ps2? I have been researching forever and have tried all different methods, but none seems to work.

Thanks

P.S. I want to convert the DexDrive (.gme) to raw format.

8. Daxsmoker

Daxsmoker Regular member

That is what I been asking for but no one responses. I know how to change the dek data to usable file on your emulator. Go to memory card option; I use PSeven V0.19 because it the only one that works on my pc. On the the option there should be an import option, click that pick the dek data and it should load up to the memory card. Then close all that and in your folders where you keep all you bios, patches and stuff like that open the memory card folder. There should be a folder for memory card 1 and 2 open that and there is you game save datas. I also want to know to put that data on to ps memory card; I dont have a dek drive maybe I should get one?

9. TommyX443

TommyX443 Member

There is a file called PSX Raw Converter which convert your game save such as dexdrive (.gme) or mcs or any other format into raw format (8kb). But when I use it, the file is the same and everything looks alright, my game, however, does not recognize it.

Someone tried this method and mentioned that it works. He uses PSXGE160 to convert the dexdrive .gme file to a mcs file. After that he removed the first 54 bytes using a hex editor (which makes the file 8kb) and then transfer it to his memory card. He mentioned that he has done it for many games and they all work fine. However, this does not work for me.

Try it and see if you have some luck.

I might have to buy a dexdrive and use it. I really hate to waste 10+ dollars for something I only use once.

Thanks

10. Daxsmoker

Daxsmoker Regular member

10$ for what the dex drive? Give me the link for that!

11. TommyX443

TommyX443 Member

I saw a couple on ebay for that price.
    Check around.

12. Daxsmoker

Daxsmoker Regular member

Buy it nows? Or auction?

13. TommyX443

TommyX443 Member

Buy it now for 3.99 and shipping is 7 dollars.

14. sinners

sinners Regular member

Same with me, it doesn't work. Shame, I really wanna play my saves.

15. Daxsmoker

Daxsmoker Regular member

I'm just going to wait for the PS3 memory card adaptor it looks like it usb so it should connect to the PC as well.

16. TommyX443

TommyX443 Member

I know. I have tried every method. None seems to have worked.

Oh well.
    Maybe no PS1 Game for me.

17. Daxsmoker

Daxsmoker Regular member

Yeah same here but I know the dex drive would work for me. I use PSeven V0.19 and that thing can import dex saves to the emulator virtual card.

18. Wooly06

Wooly06 Member

I don't understand why we should have to buy something like swap magic. There must be a way to transfer files PS2/PC with a USB flashdrive, using a simple and free program. It just seems like with all the people out there over the years using PS2, that there should be something. The uLaunchELF program sounds great, except that everything says you need swap magic or a modded PS2 in order to write the program to a useable CD. Why? I am pretty new to all of this stuff. I just want to transfer files and save them on my PC, I am not interested in buying hardware or even software if I can help it.

Can anyone point me out to a better solution than getting swap magic. If I was going to buy something, I might as well buy the AR Max crap, which does it all for you. I just want to transfer files and save games on my PC...is that so wrong!

I should add that my PS2 is not modded, and I don't plan to either. Is it true that you need it modded to use Swap Magic?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  19. Daxsmoker

Daxsmoker Regular member

@wooley I thought the same thing then I got breaker pro so I can play my ps1 backups. But I had to start a new game. The easy answer for you if your transfering ps2 saves is codebreaker; with a flash drive formatted to FAT. But for ps1 I dont have a clue. If you already have a flash then you could just make that ulaunch.elf on you flash and not waste cd's, but you still need Swap magic to load it up. Dont get you ps modded just get swap magic but you wont be able to use any Gameshark, codebreaker, or Action replay Max with it.

20. Wooly06

Wooly06 Member

Thanks for the response Daxsmoker.

Why do I still need Swap Magic to load up the uLaunch.elf program? I could get this codebreaker program if that works, and I have flashdrives, I downloaded the uLaunch.elf program (which I don't know how to use), I have my PS2, and my PC...but for some reason all of that won't work? I still need swap magic for some reason? So if the AR Max Evo stuff does all of this, why do people bother with getting these programs?

I also don't know exactly what you mean by that sentence. You said "not to get my PS2 modded just for Swap Magic, but I wouldn't be able to use the [mentioned software] without it". Without what? Why? I am definitely not modding my PS2, seeing as I only own the thing for one game (NCAA football series).

I appologize for the ignorance, and I really appreciate your help, but I am lost in a lot of jargon on all of these websites. I read this whole thread and I still feel lost.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006