copying games to hd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by PriaP, Jun 3, 2005.

1. PriaP

PriaP Guest

ive been copying some of my games to my hd and im having some problems. some of the games work when i try to play them from my hd but some of them dont. some of the games dont even play at all when my chip is on but they do when i turn the chip off and those are the games that i am having trouble copying to my hd and playing them. can anyone help with this

2. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

Wat Program r you use to copie the games ova it might be that cause me mate had the same problem and it worked usein a diff program

3. PriaP

PriaP Guest

i have tried copying the games with xbcopy, dvd2xbox, xtoolbox, and px hdd loader but those certaing games always dont work or will load only parts of the game. i dont know what else to do ive tried everything.

4. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

so let me get this right some of the games you copie ova work and some just work partial are you copieing original or copies on to the hdd see i had gta vice city and gta 3 and they neva worked it would load half of it and then just stop and i found out it was doin that cause of the bios i was useing the evox M8 bios at now im useing the ind-bios do ya kno wat bios ya use it might be that

5. PriaP

PriaP Guest

yeah it might be the bios. i got the teamxecuter bios x2 5032 and im going to try to flash my chip again to see if thats the problem. anyone have good suggestions for a xecuter 2.6 chip.

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

It sounds like 1 of 2 things...
    1 - Switch to Avalaunch as your dashboard. There have been a few issues with games executing properly in other dashboards.
    2 - Make sure that your XBOX is set for "auto" when it comes to regions.

Hope that helps...