copying help, read the tutorials and sticky

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by trickyj16, Dec 1, 2005.

1. trickyj16

trickyj16 Member

ok well i read a ton of tutorials and i read the sticky on here and i still cant get my burned game to work. I'm using a softmodded xbox and I ripped the game onto my hard drive and then sent it to my comp via ftp, then I created an Iso using xiso and then tried burning it with nero at 2x. didnt work then i downloaded a iso of the same game and tried the same thing, didnt work. So then I tried using qwix and burnning with dvd decrypter...didnt work. now im trying to burn it onto a dvd + instead cuz thats what people seem to have been using in the burning games thread? but if it doesnt work isthere n e other type of ideas on what i should do?

2. trickyj16

trickyj16 Member

oh btw im trying to copy blitz: the league if that has an relevance to my problem

3. trickyj16

trickyj16 Member

oh btw im trying to copy blitz: the league if that has an relevance to my problem

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have Blitz the Leuage backup myself.

have you backed up any other games at all?

A suggestion for future rips is next time you should just pull the game off the DVD drive on your Xbox.

Doing this would save you a step on rippin the game to your Xbox HDD.

You can do this by FTPing to your Xbox and copy the D: folder (Xbox DVD drive) to your computer and using that to make your xISO.

If your using Quix you can also set up Quix (to FTP) to pull the game right off your D: folder (Xbox DVD drive) and make the xISO in 1 step.

Possible reasons your Xbox isnt reading the backups:

you can always try to FTP or use file explorer on the Xbox and find your CACHE folders and clear them out. Somtimes this can help with games trying to start but not launching due to corrupt information in the CACHE folders.

Always use good media.
    Burn slow no faster then 4x

Once you find media that your Xbox likes stick with it. It took me 3 diffrent brands and formats to go threw before I found DVD's that worked well with my Xbox.

That goes with all my systems. I use 3 diffrent DVD brands and formats for my systems. (Xbox, PS2, GC) they all use diffrent DVD's.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  5. trickyj16

trickyj16 Member

what kind of dvd do you use for your xbox

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I use DVD+R disc on my Xbox. The thing is what I use and my Xbox like dosent mean yours will. Every Xbox is diffrent. Alot of the newer ones like DVD+R media better but again it just depends on what DVD drive is installed and what disc and brands they like. All you can do is try diffrent media till you get osme that work well with your Xbox drive and then stick with that media.