1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Menus With DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Mersh, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Mersh

Mersh Member

Hi,
    I just started burning dvd's yesterday and I have one question...After I use DVD shrink and compress a file, how do I keep the original menu's from the DVD I just backed up? This is not addressed it the guide at http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/index.htm . Any help would be appreciated.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

As long as you didn't re-author the disc (the re-author option in Shrink) then the entire disc contents, including the menus, will be on the copied disc.

3. Mersh

Mersh Member

Thanks for the reply. I've just done a full back-up of my Criterion Collection "Hard Boiled" DVD and it came out great. Thant makes 2 DVD's I've burned and no coasters, yet.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Good. Best not to change anything now.

5. Mersh

Mersh Member

I'm not changin' nothing, these discs are too expensive to waste. I've also found that compression of animated menus tends to make them a little bit jumpy. on my 3rd disc, I compressed the film and exteas and left the menus as they were. The menus came out perfect and there was hardly any change in the overall disc compression.

Just a hint/observation.

6. Mersh

Mersh Member

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]"I'm proud. My first DVD-R didn't turn out to be a coaster"[/small]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2003