Copying music cd to tape backup

Discussion in 'Audio' started by hectar, Dec 14, 2003.

1. hectar

hectar Guest

Is there any software available for making high quality cd backups (of my music cds) onto metal tape cassettes. I wish to backup some of my collection onto tape. Also what leads and such like are required?
    Thanks.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Well, you can connect your soundcard's output with a tapedeck's input. There shouldn't be any audible differences between audio players. Many of them are capable of audio CD playback, e.g. foobar2000, winamp (with plugin).

Unless you have a good soundcard, probably the results will be slightly worse compared to using a standalone CD player.

The output connector of most soundcards are minijacks (like walkman headphones), about the input connector of your tapedeck you'll have to find out yourself.

3. defline

defline Guest

yes, go to Radio shack & buy a an audio cable,one end has a plug it goes in the pc speaker out, the other has 2 RC plugs one for right channel & one for the left they hook up to your receiver example, AUX or Cd in,I fotgot what you call it, it's been awhile since I bought mine, but they know what you need.