1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Ps2 DVD-ROM Games to 700mb/80min cd!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dela, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

No you cant. A DVD drive is required to read the disks and even if you had a dvd drive you wouldn't be able to make a direct copy using a cd rw drive.

2. hollywood

hollywood Guest

Dela,

I have a question regarding PS2 DVD-ROM copying to a DVD disc. Is it a lot simpler to do this versus a DVD to CD....and if so how would i go about it.

This is my first time ever attempting this so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if this info could be emailed to me it would be even better.

Thanx,

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2002
  3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Dela,

Just a comment that there are many other options than CDRWIN, which I personally dislike. Check out this thread for the BIN/CUE/ISO burning FAQ. For example BurnAtOnce is a nice and FREE tool for burning images, and Alcohol naturally shines on the commercial sector.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/7976

Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  4. wysbygi

wysbygi Guest

Hi Dela,

Any experience copying PS2 games using a DVD burner (i.e. Sony DRX500UL)?

Thanks!

p.s.
    How do I get on your e-mail list discretely?

5. mattb

mattb Guest

i need help learning how to use atlantis bcuz i cant get thet tutorial up

6. mattb

mattb Guest

can anybody help me

7. mattb

mattb Guest

can anybody help me

8. Dela

You need adobe acrobat to read the tutorial. Get it from http://www.adobe.com

If you can't start it from the start menu then go to its program folder and start it there!

9. NewMember

NewMember Member

Hi Dela,

I just purchased this software "DVDSqueeze" is it possible to use this program in burning PS2 DVD Games?

P.S. I would like to be add to your mail list.

Thanx,
    NM

10. Dela

The mail list is gone since this forum topic opened.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure if that will copy your games because I have never used it.

11. davekrhys

davekrhys Guest

where is the best place to get the software you talk about or can you use similar

12. emma1

emma1 Member

hi guys,
    well im new to all this too i just got my ps2 chipped the other day and i've pretty much got copying ps2 that are NOT dvd based going good, BUT lol i cannot figure out how to copy ps2 dvd based games and unfortunatly most do seem to be in that format, its driving me absolutely nutz, i've searched the net and come across several tutorials and the first thing on those tutorials are lists of what software you need to start, yesterday i spent from 9am to around 7pm searching for the software that some of these tutorials say you need, i used google search i used copernic pro search and also kazaa to search for the software and at least half of it was impossible to find :( seems that everywhere you turn either pages no longer exsist or i get errors so i am getting really frustrated, i don't want to copy games to sell, no way, i darent knowing my luck i would be the first caught lol, anyway im blabbing on now hehe, anyway as i said i've searched till i could have screamed with no luck, i was so frustrated i called up my local store and was willing to go out and pay £200+ for a dvd writer but the guy there told me that i still wouldn't be able to copy a ps2 game, my idea was to hire them from the local store copy them and then take them back but i was told 99.99% are copy protected and wouldn't work anyway :( so i didn't bother with the dvd writer, didn't seem any point if it wasn't going to do what i wanted it to :( when i got my playstation chipped the other day i borrowed some games from a friend of the family that were already on normal discs and i copyied them fine but most were origionally in dvd format so they must have been cracked in the first place, no the guy doesn't know how to do it cuz he bought the playstation 2 second hand and it came with some already copied games anyway thanks for taking the time to read my post i hope i get some help soon before i pick up my pc and launch it through the window lol, dela if your reading this i did send you a private message which i hope you got but im not sure as im also new to this message board, everytime i looked on google for help i was sent back to this message board and most messages posted seemed to come from you so i hope you will get in touch with me soon, im in england and i don't know if your in england and with the same timezone as me, anyhow i better shut up before i get a max character error i don't know how long a message i can type but anyway this is far too long already anyone reading this is probably asleep by now hehe
    ok here are my specs on my machine

athlon 1.7
    100 gig h/d
    380 ddr ram (aprox)
    dvd reader
    32 speed cd writer with overburn and buffer underun protection
    running on windows millenium i did put xp on but removed it again soon after

thanx guys

13. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Look the guy in the shop (where you wanted to buy the DVD writer) is absolutely wrong !
    You can copy DVD-based PS2 games ..!!! (I think he means DVD - movies)
    I now have about 15 DVD copies (allong with 25 CD-based copies PS2)
    So buy the DVD writer, but before doing that i need to know what chip you have !!! Can it play DVD backups ?
    If so, when you bought de DVD writer (choose between +r/+rw and -r/-rw burner), you can easilly copy DVD PS2 games (with Nero 5.5.9.17 or Primo) and play them on your chipped PS2.
    I hire the originals also from a local store and have no probs at all.

Good luck !

14. emma1

emma1 Member

hi wizkid thanx for answering me i have a mesiah 2 chip i have a few games that must have been origional dvd format like lord of the rings the two towers, but they are only on normal now, do you have msn let me know i would like to talk further as this is doin me head in, is there a way to do it without the dvd writer? i was reading a post by dela just now the first in this thread i think and she says i just need a dvd reader which i have, i've found all the software she says i need except for this
    Sony CD\DVD Generator software.
    i can't find that anywhere

ok say i went out and bought the dvd writer, what is this primo software???? and what about the guy saying that they are 99.99% likely to fail because of the copywriting how do i get round that

sorry to go on but im getting desperate and although im willing to go out and buy a dvd writer i do want to make sure i can do what i want before i go out and spend a lot of money on one

thanx emma

Last edited: Dec 13, 2002
  15. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Look don't get desperate !
    I also have Lord of the Rings .. i copied it myself with my HP DVD+r/+rw 200i burner onto a DVD+r. That means it is possible (and easy too) to copy a DVD based game. So you have a Rip of Lord of the Rings, that means not all of the movies are on your CD. (it is not complete, although you can play the game).
    Primo is software to burn a copy (CD-DVD), but i don't use it. I use Nero (download from internet).
    The 99.99% guy is WRONG !!
    Donot listen to him....i told you i have made at least 15 DVD copies the last 2 months !!!

What DVD-writer can you (do you want) to buy ??

16. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Yes, you can go to a local store and hire a DVD PS2 games.
    It will be a copy from DVD to DVD.
    If you have a DVD-writer you have to buy blank DVD's (4.7Gb) to copy to.

17. emma1

emma1 Member

i just got off the phone with another supplier he also told me you can't do dvd to dvd even with a dvd writer so i asked what is the purpose of it then he was kinda shady and just said look i'll sell you it as a dvd writer and thats all i can say so i think he was spooling off the bullshit some
    the dvd writer is a pioneer 4 speed for £220 and the bland dvd roms at £1 each but they are only 2 speed the 4 speed ain't out yet

to copy dvd roms to dvd roms do i first have to make an image to the hard drive with say cdrwin or clone cd like you do when your just copying ps2 that arn't dvd format or can i just copy from one to the other

and what about this copywriting that some have?

thanx

18. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

This is how it is (and mayby i know more about it than the sailsguy):
    DVD-writer you can use it for:
    - self made (home made) videomaterial
    - MP3 music (to play in your standalone DVD-player
    - copy 1:1 DVD based PS2 games
    - copy DVD movies (after ripping first onto Harddisk)
    Mayby lots of other things....

About the speed:
    It's normal for a DVD writer that the speed is low like maximum 2,5 speed. (Mine is too) I think they are working on (or it is ready yet) 4 speed writers.
    DVD 2,5 speed is the same as about 32 speed CD writer. So it is very fast !!!
    I copy a DVD game in about 15 minutes ..
    The Pioneer DVD-r/-rw writer is a good choice, many people have one and copy games for PS2 fine.
    About making a copy:
    DVD copies you make with Nero 5.5.9.17.
    I put the game in my LG DVD player and a blank DVD+r (or +rw) in my DVD writer.
    I start Nero and press make a DVD copy.
    That's all ! You first can make an image (many people do) but I burn them 1:1 (on the fly).
    It's more risky so I heard. I lost 2 DVD's (bad burning errors) out of 15, so that aint so bad at all.

Ask me more if you want...I hope i can help you..?

19. emma1

emma1 Member

so if i was to buy one i would have to remove the new cdrw i just bought which is a 32 speed and supports a lot of options can i use the dvd writer as a 32 speed cdwriter or will it only burn normal cd's in slow speed or can i only burn dvds on it, so what i need to know really is if i buy the 4 speed dvd rom its gunna be a really fast cdwriter too??

i have nero burning rom 5.5.8.2 and i just opened it to see what options it had and i can't find no copy dvd option do i need an updated version of nero?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2002
  20. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

You told me that it is the Pioneer...
    Yes it is a CD-writer too. Do you have a DVD player in your Computer ?

Stay tuned ! I look it up for you...
    In mayby 2 minutes I have the answers about the speed of a Pioneer. DVD and CD..speed.

Hold on !