1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Ps2 DVD-ROM Games to 700mb/80min cd!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dela, Oct 4, 2002.

1. emma1

emma1 Member

thanx a lot!! you've been a great help

yes i do have an all in one dvdreader/cdrw in the top slot and my new faster cdrw in my second slot i do have another spare slot but its gunna be power leads inside the pc that im gunna be short off

oh! i just found the nero version your using and im downloading it now :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2002
  2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Here it is:

Pioneer DVR-A05 (is this the one?)
    4xDVD-R, 2xDVD-RW, 16xCDR, 8xCDRW

You have to look at this one:
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdwriters

I have the HP DVD 200i its slower than the Pioneer and i can tell you mine is fast, i am happy about the way it copies !

Just check this site.. and click on the Pioneer for more info..
    Let me know..

3. emma1

emma1 Member

i just had a thought actually i don't just have the one pc we have 3 and a laptop, i usually use my laptop but i only copy my music on here cuz i got it with only a 16 speed writer so im limited on here but the comp in the bedroom is a pentium 4 with 256meg of sdram and a 40 gig hard drive so i may put it in that one then i don't lose my 32 speed writer in my comp in the living room,
    i have around 12 origional ps2 games 6 of those are dvd rom format so i could try it out on them (like i did for the none dvd format ones) before i go sign up at blockbusters (shhhh lol) and start hiring them
    got another question for ya if you don't mind, you know when you download dvd rips from the internet if i burn them using the dvd writer will that make them able to be played on my dvd player or am i just being stupid here thinking that?????
    im not sure if thats the dvd writer i would be getting cuz i didn't ask the make of the model duh me huh

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Well you have enough computers to start your own company :)

Okee that's a good idea.. but, if you want to copy on the fly you have to have a DVD-player and the DVD writer (pioneer) in the same Computer.
    You can also write an image to Harddisk (put game in DVD-writer) and burn image to DVD-r (put empty DVD-r in DVD-writer). This way you don't have to buy a DVD-player aswell, if you don't have one.

Did you look at the site ?

5. emma1

emma1 Member

ahh thats kewl the one in the bedroom has a dvdreader/cdwriter combi plus a 16 speed writer that i would take out to make room for the other one

yeah i have looked at the site thanx :)

6. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Sure it's possible but you have to check the size of the rip first.
    A blank DVD is 4.7Gb , so if the rip is larger it won't fit. Then it's not possible.
    But I think, because it is called a rip, it will fit on a DVD 4.7Gb.

Give me more....questions

7. emma1

emma1 Member

most of the rips im talking about i think are in avi format and fit on a regular disc i don't know wether i would be able to convert them anyway its no big deal i have a gforce4 graphix card with tv out so i have a lead going into the back of my 32" tv so i can watch them in dvd quality on big screen anyway :)

i think i'll probly go out tomorrow and buy that dvd writer cause i can't be bothered to walk the mile to where i keep my car today, but if i hire a disc and it don't work i'll be screamin and throwing the whole darn comp out of the window lol j/k, i think it is the same dvd writer as the one on that website but im not 100% sure

ok heres another question for ya lol you say you can use the dvd writer for home made video material i just bought a new digital camcorder that does have mpeg capabilies which i don't use cuz the 4meg chip it came with gives you aprox 20 seconds of mpeg video shocking huh so i just use the tape that it came with as u do with any digital camcorder anyway i was wondering how i could use stuff ive got on there or on video to put on a dvd disc

i just updated my nero with an updater to the one you said your using 5.5.9.17 or somthing like that and it still don't give me the burn dvd option u said you have how come ??

8. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Okee you will not be throwing money away here.. It works because you have a Messiah 2 chip and they will start..!!! Trust me.
    If you buy the Pioneer you have a - (read minus)burner, that means you can only burn to -media like -r and -rw. So you can buy some good quality -r or/and -rw. You have to ask the sailsman for good quality DVD-r disks.

Mayby first you can try to copy one of your own games to a DVD-rw (test) then you know whether your PS2 read DVD-rw and you not have to throw away if it don't (or get an error burning because its the first time).
    If it works than burn it to a DVD-r.

About the home video:
    If you buy a DVD-writer it comes with a lot of software for example to make these home made movies so you have to read the instructionmanuals.
    I myself for example made a slide (foto) show with music and burned it to a DVD and worked fine.
    That kind off stuff is possible..

I'll be hearing from you.

9. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Nero:

What do you see when starting Nero ?

Copy CD DVD

Or something els ?

10. emma1

emma1 Member

ok when i start nero i get this
    cd rom (iso)
    audio cd
    mixed mode cd
    cd extra
    cd copy
    video cd
    super video cd
    cd rom(boot)
    cd rom (hybrid)
    cd rom (udf)
    cd rom (udf/iso)

i've only ever used audio and cdrom (iso) so i dont know what the rest do, all i did was upgrade the nero 5.5.8.2 with the new one

i have no idea what -r/-rw is or what +r/+rw is whats the difference and which is best i never knew there was 2 different ones, i do now tho :) but please explain them to me

11. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Oke:
    Can you see something with Wizard ?

Btw - or + is something like VHS and Betamax (videosystems)
    Its a format.. you don't have to choose there is a Sony DRU DVD writer that can read and write DVD+ and DVD- (its not more expensive than the Pioneer).
    SONY DRU 500A at $299 on www.vcdhelp.com

12. emma1

emma1 Member

ok when i hit wizard it gives me cd ...dd cd...and dvd but only cd is lit up the other 2 are blanked out.........can i copy dvd movies also with the dvd writer and do they just copy from copy to copy just like the games.....are u from the uk????....am i getting on your nerves yet lol ???? ok one more time say i've bought the dvd writer i get it home and install it into my machine with the dvd reader above it i put an original ps2 dvd rom based game into my reader ...THEN WHAT??? i know you've told me it works and based on what you've told me im going to go out and buy the dvd writer i may even go walk up for my car and buy it today, i know you've told me but im a worry wart and if it don't work my husband will throw a fit on me lol and i realy really don't want that so tell me again i put the dvd in the reader then what??? in simple steps please :)

whats the best tho - or + i know vhs is a hell of a lot better than the old betamax

is it easy installation just like a cd writer?

can you copy x box games on it also??

13. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Put the DVD game in the DVD player (first check if its a DVD-based game)
    If you want you can check the size (i allways do) with your File Explorer. (the size has to be smaller than 4.7Gb) I can tell you i never had a game that is larger then 4.7Gb so don't worry.
    Put a blank DVD (-r/-rw/+r/+rw whatever burner you buy) and open Nero.
    Choose for DVD copy (it is grey now but mayby because it does not recognize a DVD writer).
    Check if on the fly is on and go on answering the following questions with yes. The burningproces starts here. It takes about 15 minutes and you have a perfect copy !

MY GOD ! YOU'RE FULL OFF QUESTIONS AREN'T YOU ?

14. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

The installation is simple because windows recognizes the hardware itself. You just have to install the software that comes with the burner. Therefore use the installationmanuals.

BTW i am from Holland ... how do you like my English ?

15. emma1

emma1 Member

ok don't bite my head off here i don't want to be bugging you at all but....is there any problem with copyrights and what if nero doesn't recognise the dvd option when i install the dvd writer, is there any other software i can use instead, i have the latest versions of fireburner cdrwin and clone cd all installed and unlocked on my machine, from what your saying once i buy a dvd writer it all just seems a little to easy :)

lol yes i am full of questions i like to fully understand what im doing before i go into anything cuz if it don't work i'll be gutted, plus u did say ask me more questions hehehe

your english is perfect, my husbands brother lives in holland they own a couple of hotels there his girlfriend is called linda mossell her mother has her own hotels too one called the maxara or something like that im not sure i think its on the dutch border ...well im gunna go out now pick up my car and buy this dvd writer ....thank you very much for all your help i know i do go on some but your the only person to answer my questions so far and although you've been very very helpfull and i know i must have bugged ya some i wish a few more people would have posted too and put my mind at ease some more :)

16. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Okee but if you're not going to buy the SONY (burn - and +) first check your standalone player if its - or + compatible.
    Then if you burned a movie you will be able to play it also on your standalone player.

17. emma1

emma1 Member

ok will do but does the playstation2 play both?

18. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Yes it does...but mayby ... ok it doesnot matter .. because the PS2 does with your Messiah 2.

I was dl Nero and the whole Network (here at work) crashed :)lol

19. emma1

emma1 Member

OoOoOoOOoOOooOOPPPPSSSS

20. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Talk to you later ?
    You are going out now to the store ?