1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copying Ps2 DVD-ROM Games to 700mb/80min cd!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dela, Oct 4, 2002.

1. emma1

emma1 Member

yep im gunna go out now and buy it when i get home i'll let you know how things go

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I am going home at 16.00h (that's 15.00h in the UK ?)
    So i talk to you later in the evening..

3. emma1

emma1 Member

do you have any chats like msn or aol i use only msn but i can get any of the others if you have them if you do let me know and i'll private message you my screen names

ok i've just been out and bought it gunna go install it now but i have to take out a hard drive in order for it to fit cuz i need to keep my dvd reader in there and i don't want to lose the speed of my cdrw so if i take a hard drive out i can slave the cdrw from that then slave the dvd writer from the dvd reader i think that will be the best way to do it but im gunna lose 60 gig of hard drive space doh....never mind i'll do my downloading from the computer in the bedroom from now on...
    well t t f n i'll check back later to let u know how it goes, keep your fingers crossed and wish me luck lol

Last edited: Dec 13, 2002
  4. RobWizkid

RobWizkid Member

Oke my name is Rob and i had to make a new account because i am at home now.
    I could not log in with wizkid so i created a new account.
    It is still me ....!
    How is everything going with your Computer ..?
    What DVD-writer did u buy ??

5. emma1

emma1 Member

hiya what a carry on im having lol i got talking to dela who has and still is being very helpfull he told me to use a programme called alcohol120% i tried that but it wouldnt let me check the playstation 2 option just custom but i tried it anyway and it didn't recognise it in the disc at all so now i have nero and im about to give that a go dvd rom is lit up in wizard and im about to hit burn.........but the last one didn't work and dela reckons this one is gunna be the same....a no go :( what shall i do i have nero 5.5.9.17 running now

what i meant to say is it didn't recognise it in the playstation once copied it just came up as a disc and a memory card logos then it came up as please insert a playstation 2 disc

and i bought the one i was looking at earlier

6. RobWizkid

RobWizkid Member

What media did you buy ? (brand)
    DVD-r and -rw ?

And what startup procedure did you follow ?

Donot copy yet ./...

7. emma1

emma1 Member

its an unbranded make called datasafe its the same ones i've always used for copying music movies etc on and i've only ever known a few go wrong and the guy in the shop (yeah yeah i seem to listen to them a lot lol) told me that they are the ones all the people who are BACKING UP THERE OWN dvd ps2 games use

start up procedure in what alcohol120% or nero cuz on nero i just hit on it and the wizard came up and i hit on dvd then dvd copy then selected my dvd reader but i havn't hit burn yet
    if you mean when trying to play in the playstation i just put it in and tried to play it tried a few times resetting and turning it off
    another thing when im on the burn screen in nero i can't get it to burn in more than 1x and my writer is supposed to be 4x and the media is supposed to be 2x

8. RobWizkid

RobWizkid Member

No I mean starting your early made backup in your PS2.

9. emma1

emma1 Member

i have a no swap mod chip i don't have a boot up disc or have to swap anything i have the messiah 2

10. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

11. RobWizkid

RobWizkid Member

My writing speed in Nero says 2,4x
    I look into that later.

Try this:
    Put the backup into the PS2
    Turn off the PS2
    Turn on the PS2
    press 1x on reset
    then sit back

THIS IS NO SWAP !
    I have messiah too and start this way

12. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If you want to use Nero and know your PC can handle Disc to Disc then make sure to check the option "fast copy (on the fly)". Dexter

13. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Wizkid, I have a magic 3 now and i dont have to do anything to boot up. It works perfectly like i put in an original. Great chip except as soon as i bought it 3.5 came out for only $10 extra *sigh*

14. emma1

emma1 Member

yeah dexter im trying that now thanx.......

wiz that don't make any difference it just comes up a disc and mem card logo or it just says insert a playstation disc im trying the burn with nero now i hope that works

15. RobWizkid

RobWizkid Member

You are right...i was just checking on the internet and it does not matter, also with a Messiah 2. Its the same as an original.
    So Messiah 1 is different from Messiah 2.

BTW that is how i make my copies , Nero on the fly, works all the time (for me)
    Emma i hope this will work out for you..

16. Dela

Ye lets hope so for the sake of my email account also lol j/k emma!

17. RobWizkid

RobWizkid Member

By the way Dela_:
    Do you, as a senior member, know how to use the normal wizkid account here at home.
    I have to activate my account, but i use it all the time at work. What do i do ?

18. emma1

emma1 Member

wizkid i don't know that much about it but i know from before when i had a different laptop and i was posting from a new laptop i had to set up a new account but i knew the person who had set up the account and he said he could change it back to my old one by changing my ip address in the op options of the board he was using or maybe next time your at work you can go into your options and try changing your ip address in there

19. Dela

Wiz, dRD is the guy to talk to about that but first make sure that you're logged out in work and that cookies are clear!

20. emma1

emma1 Member

well it didn't work i did as you all suggested and used nero dvd burn on the fly it said it had done it all and came up as completed but it won't read it in the playstation ...im completely lost now and almost £250 out of pocket if i can't get it working .....ARGHHHHHHHH someone please help!!

i have my dvd reader at the top and i put the dvd writer in the one below and linked it as its slave could that make any difference???