Copying xbox game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sgottlieb, Oct 17, 2005.

1. sgottlieb

sgottlieb Member

I've copied a few xbox games and they all work,...,sometimes. I have to insert the disk up to 10 times before it will work. What's with that???

2. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

It has to do with your buring method and the disk drive. If you are using an older model xbox like a V1 then the problem tends to be with the drive. I would suggest using high quality DVD-R or even RW's so u don't ever was the R's. And also burn at a very SLOW speed 1 or 2X max. Other than that the only other thikng you couls do is install a new disk drive of which i don't know how to do....

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As akspud93 siad mainly due to compatiblity of your drive. Try better media (not cheap media) and burn no faster then 4x

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  4. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

i only use +r media and have no problems with any media except maxell and memorex 400+ backups all work perfect. sounds like you have a thomson drive like me. pretty easy to replace. try a laser lens cleaning disc first. if you have to replace the drive you have to get the same type of drive e.g samsung/samsung thompson/thompson... if you have ever installed a cd/dvd drive in a tower its pretty much like that...

5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

I don't believe that's true. Don't have 1st hand knowlege of doing it myself but that's the 1st time I've heard that statement.