CRITICAL ERRORS IN COMPUTERS REGISTRY SYSTEM

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by donna69, Dec 29, 2007.

1. donna69

donna69 Member

Can anyone advise me on what to do with my laptop? a message saying critical errors in registry system and other messages saying about corrupt files.. Also upon start up message displays windows not genuine and not Compatible, i have had com for over a yr its only recently its displaying this.. I`am sure i had xp home but now its windows professional. I do not have a re boot disk, is there anything i can do, its playing up big time on me. I would be grateful of any help at all please i`am desperate.. Thank you. Donna

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  2. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

The best option would be to re-install windows as it sounds like a virus, but you could try registery mechanic software but I don't normaly advice it to be honest!

I would rebuild windows.

3. donna69

donna69 Member

How do i re install? Can i use anothers persons disk and there code, i have the serial number but no disk.. sorry i dont have a clue about this stuff, thanx for your advice cloudkill

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

do u have a recovery disc that came with your computer if soo then i would boot the computer up with that.

5. donna69

donna69 Member

No can i get one from anywhere, i have the serial number but no disk.. Thanx

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

There are two ways that come to mind.

1. You can go to a floder that is hidden calledi386 and that is a system folder and burn it to disc and use that as a recovery disc to get your windows back.

or

2. Ring the manafacturer of your computer and ask them to give you a recovery disc.

Those are the two options the other thing you can do is get any copy of a windows XP CD that works and install it yourself and then you will have to reinstall all the other software as well.

I hope that helps.

On a side note...

I just wanna add if you are having registry issues you can try a registry cleaner like Easy Cleaner that you can find a link in my profile page under my software watch list and this program clears any files that the registry does not need to use.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  7. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

It could be a virus but more likely than not you just have a corrupted Registry.

If you don't want to reformat, try downloading the following: (search for them on Google their easy to find and their free)

CCleaner (Crap Cleaner)
    TweakNow Registry Cleaner
    Easy Cleaner
    Advanced Windows Care V2

Download them, install, follow all instructions and then run the registry scans.
    Should be pretty straightforward to use for all them, if you have any problems let us know.

8. aldan

aldan Active member

all you need is your serial.any computer store can burn you the disk,