Crossover Cable

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by TheTik, Aug 3, 2005.

1. TheTik

TheTik Member

What color are cross over cables usually, cause i have a couple of cables at my house that look like ethernet but some are differnt looking and differnet color???

2. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

i've got a grey coloured one but if you go to google and serch there they will give you a diagram of what the individual wires look like and you can use this to determine your crossover cable hope this helps

3. acbella

acbella Guest

I was wondering what is better to use the crossover cable or the Ethernet Cable for the xbox? OR the less time consuming to hook up...I also have a question about emulators would someone that knows about them PM....

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Crossover cables and straight cables are all ethernet cables. The difference is the wires in crossover cables are reversed in one end. So let's say you have the colors red blue green white black one end, the other end it must be black white green blue red. Straight cables are similar on both ends.

If you have a router then use the straight cable, if no router then use the crossover cable to connect your Xbox straight to the PC.

5. acbella

acbella Guest

I am also interested in emulators but i am really not sure if they are fair game to be talked about on here. I did a google search and all i found is that they are legal so i don't se the problem with talk about them.. So are they fair game to ask questions about? as far as with the xbox?

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You should start a new topic so people are not mislead when they want to read the original topic. Get the emulators on #xbins, under EFnet on IRC.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2005