1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cyclic Redundancy Error on DVD Shrink 3.0 Beta

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Horizon1, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Horizon1

Horizon1 Member

Hi all,

I've been trying to backup my copy of CSI: Season 2 and have run into the above error after i hit the backup button. It usually occurs well into the analysis portion.

I checked deep analysis, does that matter? I figured i wanted the best video possible since these discs are pretty large (~7gigs of data)

I havent had a problem with the first 3 discs, and disc 4 is the first that gave me this error...any ideas? Thanks!

sony 510a on XP Pro

Mike

2. Horizon1

Horizon1 Member

Hrmm...and I HAVE searched the forum and didnt get too many answers...some say scratched disc, and some say it just happens sometimes.

Any difference if i used DVDecrpyter to extract all the files to HD first THEN process using DVDShrink? Any pluses if i did that instead of directly. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried using DVD Shrink 2.3 instead ? : )

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Cyclic Redundancy Error usually means something is wrong with the disc (scratched, dirty, etc). I would try dvd decrypter and if it works, then you can shrink it with dvdshrink.