damaged or dirty.... :(

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by icesoul, Dec 23, 2006.

1. icesoul

icesoul Member

ive been trying to burn a successful xbox copy for months. out of 15 i have had 2 successful copies the rest are coasters. i can copy the games to the xbox, ftp the files to the pc, create an iso with qwix, burn the iso to verbatim, Imation and Maxell Dvd-R disc's and all pull up the logo of the game then say the disc is damaged or dirty. either the xbe files are correct and the folders are empty i dont know. you can look back at it after the burn. are there some hidden settings in qwix or dvd decrypter that is screwing it up? if i make the iso then unpack it and ftp it back to the xbox it plays fine. please help me out!

2. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

make sure your burner firmware is up to date, ditch the imation discs and burn the ISO with ImgBurn not Decrypter.

kc

3. icesoul

icesoul Member

i just attempted another copy if i turn the xbox on with the game in i get the game boot screen then disc dirty or damaged, when i turn the xbox on, get to the dashboard then put the game in it says GAME i can see all the files are there. but if i try and run it same message dirty or damaged. so either it reads the game files in the top folders and is unable to read the ones in the subfolders or they are empty. crosslink files was checked am i missing something else?

4. icesoul

icesoul Member

its not the burn because i can, as im doing now just copy the files from the disc to the xbox hdd and it works. the disc so far hasnt made a difference they all read on loading but all say same message. ill try imgburn, its as if the xbox cant find the other files or they arent linked correctly... sound right?

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Look at it this way.. I burn on quality ridata 8x disks, with cdrecord after making an iso with extractxiso (both command line) using a nec 3550 burner on a p3 600. It's most likely crappy disks.

I still believe qwix makes crap xiso's.. I used to get a lot of these type of fails with it, for no apparent reason. Burned fine 1 out of 3 from the same file. Try cloneXB instead, and burn with alcohol120% or nero express.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2006
  6. icesoul

icesoul Member

we were all wrong, its my xbox. i sat here and let the xbox boot with the copy in it, before it got to the logo i opened the drive. let it go to dashboard. shut the drive, restarted its playing now. weird. i guess the lens needs cleaning or reset or something.

7. paulwal

paulwal Guest

i get the same message in the dash. what did it for me was to have it load to the MS dash, and then the game would load up fine.