darkwatch problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by meggo, Aug 24, 2005.

1. meggo

meggo Member

i cant get past the xbox loading screen. i use craxation and nero. my dashboard recognizes it as a game but when i try to play it, it just stays on the xbox screen. it is probably not darkwatch because nobody else is having a problem but if anyone knows what the problem is please help. thanks

2. liquid06

liquid06 Member

same with my [bold]PS2[/bold]

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Are you trying to play the disc or is it on your xbox's hdd? If it's a disc, try to burn the back up again slow (i.e. 4x) and/or chage the type of media you used. Philips & Verbatim are good quality but most importantly, stick with -R type dvds. If it's on the hard drive, make sure your game region for the system is set to automatic. It may be PAL or NTSC so let the system decide. Worst case, the game or most likely a file of the game is corrupt or missing. Check to see if you can find the game's execution file (.xbe)

4. toney420

toney420 Guest

I had the same problem with my backup. I created iso with craxtion4 and burned clonedvd, and it would lock up. I recreated the iso with qwix and burned with clonedvd and my backup works great. Don't know why but it worked, and I always used craxtion and never had a problem. So maybe you want to try that and see what happens.

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@toney420
    It can't hurt. For backing up xbox game disc I've founf that Nero works better than most. DVD Decrypter is also high on my list. Quality media, good burning software/hardware makes for a working backup everytime.

6. karma29

karma29 Member

I also had problems backing up darkwatch, The thing I noticed is that when I FTP'd it thier wasn't any folders at all?? the a big list of files, then I made the ISO with Qwix and burnt with DVD Decrypter.

Xbox reconizes the disc as DarkWatch, but when I launch the game it just never loads to the start screen???? should I start over from scratch or try and burn another disc using the same ISO???

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@karma29
    Yeah, recreate your .iso and try burning it with Nero.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2005
  8. fidojr69

fidojr69 Member

I had problems at first copying my Darkwatch game. I used Craxtion 4.0 to rip the disc from my Xbox, then used it to create an ISO and after that used DVD Decrypter to burn my ISO onto my Taiyo Yuden DVD-R. After doing that it still would not work, I have wasted two of my DVD's trying to get it to work. I then tried to use a different program to re-create my ISO. I Used FlashFXP to ftp my files from my Xbox to my pc, then used Qwix to create my ISO then used DVD Decrypter to burn again. I was amazed to see that it worked, finally.:) So my advice is to try to download Qwix use that program to create your ISO file. MAke sure you use good quality media as well. I only use Taiyo Yuden on my Xbox games and DVD movies..I hope this helps....

9. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

I haven't tried backing that game up. I've just been playin' the original. :D