Dashboard, bios...HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Clown-NL, May 30, 2005.

1. Clown-NL

Clown-NL Member

Hmm... i have an Xbox for about 6 months now.
    Chipped and all, and al backups work.
    Now, i cant play Forza Motorsport..Game starts, is see the junkieXL screen.
    When i get to the SI-MU-LA-TION screen i get the Dirty or damaged disc.

I tryd everything, patched it, did the language thing, the clock thing...nothing works.
    Burned it aprox. 7 times and everytime its the same prob.

Now what i didnt try is to put the game on my xbox hdd.
    I have EvoX chip..but no dashboard, just the standard M$ Dash and so i cant change regions and i cant connect to my xbox ftp server.

I dont know what bios version i have, and i dont know which version my xbox is.
    my question is, can someone tell me what dashboard i must have..someone that works with every xbox and bios version?
    I'm afraid to just download an auto-installer and take the risk to fusk up my xbox.

so can someone help me... normally i try things myself, but because my xbox is modded i dont have warranty so i dont want to fusk him up

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Just to inform you quick, EvoX is a dashboard, not a chip. What chip do you have and what version bios do you have for that chip? You will be able to find that info. in the dashboard you are using or the chips original bios.

3. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Regular member

ya be betta off downloading and auto installer the one i used ta put evo x on mine lets ya put the dash on within out doin anythin ta the bios u'll be fine copie the dash ova just be carefull wit the bios cause it ya stuff that then ya xbox will be stuff ive alredy did that once look 4 slayers evo x that will be alright 4 ya

4. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

what the hell did you just say?

5. Clown-NL

Clown-NL Member

PimpDawg
    _ 4. June 2005 @ 18:32 _ Send private message to this user
    Just to inform you quick, EvoX is a dashboard, not a chip. What chip do you have and what version bios do you have for that chip? You will be able to find that info. in the dashboard you are using or the chips original bios.

Weird, in my screen, at the upper left side, i see a pink triangle with EvoX in it.
    I see that in M$ Dash...the green one with memory, settings, xbox live etc. etc.
    But not all the other opions which an evoX dash has...
    So i cant FTP in..

I cant put on another dash, and when i start the xbox without chip on i dont see that pink triangle with evoX in it and i just get te same green dashboard.

I cant find the box from my xbox with all the manuals and manuals from the chip.. so how do i know wich chip and bios version i have.
    I just want to know, which dashboard i can use without knowing what chip and bios i have..im afraid to fusk the xbox up if i just download a dashboard.

Sorry, but im a noob when it comes to xbox hardware and software..
    All i know is how to burn backed-up games and they al work, except forza and san andreas..thats why i want to put them on hdd but i cant ftp in/out with the standard MS Dash

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

evox is a bios as well......which is prolly what they're talking about.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005
  7. FantomAU

FantomAU Member

Dont mess with that Slayer stuff, It puts nothing but old junk on.

What MOD chip did you install?

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

slayers isn't too bad for a starting point....once everything is on with that...you can go from there tweeking out your box to the way you like it.

9. FantomAU

FantomAU Member

True I guess for a starting point.

But I like the Xenium Ice menu, Was easy to setup the IP and all and ftped all the goodies I needed w/o worrying with that stuff ;)

10. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I know what you're saying,but thinking that the person is a self-admitied noob we have to think of the easiest way around things for the person. The harder stuff will happen for them over time,and by that time they should have enough knowledge to figure things out themselves.

11. FantomAU

FantomAU Member

12. BR7

BR7 Regular member

That would be the Evox M8 BIOS. Whether it's the M8+, M8+_16, M8, or M8_16.. that's another question. Should tell you if your EvoX skin has that option to display it as well as your ini having the correct MD5.

Thats because it's not loading your hacked BIOS, it's loading MicroShaft's.

Evox works with just about anything and it's a good n00b dash. My advice to you would to download whatever dash you want to try out and put it in your E:\APPLICATIONS\whatever_dash_you_downloaded_here\ folder. Then you can access your new dash via EvoX's app's menu.

Just make sure you rename the .xbe to default.xbe. ( ie- I think the avaluanch dash's is named avadash.xbe ).

13. need_for

need_for Guest

thats what u get for spending money on a x-box!!!!!!!! lol

14. BR7

BR7 Regular member

If you don't have one, why waste your time in this thread? Trying to up your post count?

Or is it more quality time with your girlfriend???

:rolls eyes:

15. punqewe

punqewe Active member

once you get bored of your sisters PS2,you'll see the light

16. Clown-NL

Clown-NL Member

I dont have other skins, i only have the microsoft one which tells me nothing :S

When i put on with chip enables it loads the hacked bios, i thought that was the pink triangle with evoX in it..so it loads the bios but i still cant do a freakin' thing because it loads MS dash and in that dash you cant do anything..only clock and time and that standard stuff

OK, so if i understand, i can just download evoX dash without the risk of fuckin' things up.
    I was afraid of that because i read that most dashes edit some things in the bios.. and thats the whole freakin' problem, i don't know what bios i have, and some dashes require a specific bios... but i read in a post above that i have M8

Slayers auto-installer is a evoX isn't it ?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  17. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Well since you don't have FTP access, you wont be able to access your E drive anyways to install another dash.

Not sure about certain dash's editing the BIOS or some requiring certain BIOS to run. BIOS's are specific to your chip, not your dash.

I'd say you have 2 options...

1) Get ahold of a copy of slayers. You can use that disc to gain FTP access without installing it. You might have to edit the .ini to enter your specific IP settings, so get an XISO extracting progam like Qwix or Craxtion, extract the contents of the SLayers disc and edit the ini with your Network settings. Rebuild the XISO and burn.

From there you can insert the disc and get FTP access. Once in, tell us what you have in your C drive. Then we can go from there.

or..

2) Use that Slayers disc to wipe out your HDD and install a fresh copy of EvoX/M$ and whatever else it has.

I have some errends to run but will be back later, so if you want to PM me your email and/or Yahoo/MSN messenger nic, we can get this sorted out.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  18. Clown-NL

Clown-NL Member

Ok thnx BR7... in the nexy to 2 days i dont have much time but i will send you an e-mail this week to get this sorted out

19. justinv15

justinv15 Member

Hello My EVO X did the same thing.

Well it means u do not have enough memory. I accidentally saves it to the e drive