Data Execution Prevention

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by victor14, May 15, 2008.

1. victor14

victor14 Regular member

I have been using system mechanic 7 Proffesional lately and now, whenever I run any program. The data execution prevention shows up and block those programs.

2. cchs

cchs Member

this is a simple problem to fix open up system properties via right click on mycomputer and select properties from there click on the advance tab and then u will see (performance) then a settings button click it then u will see the all mighty Data Execution Prevention tab click it then u got to radio buttons click the on that says Turnj on DEP for all programs except the ones i chose then restart ur computer

after that open up system properties and goto the Data Execution Prevention settigns and click Add then browse to the exe file in your case C:/Program Files/Iolo/System Mechanic 7 or somthing simaler to that
    then select all exe's in that folder one at a time and close all windows fire up system mechanic and volia if another program will not open up because of DEP (Data Execution Prevention) fire up that windows again and browser for your exe and volia

if u don't like the whole idea of adding your own exes and folling around theres a fast and easy way to shut dep off for good
    Folow steps as listed (this only works in windows vista):

step 1.click start
    step 2.click run
    step 3.type bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
    step 4.click enter