1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decrypter Shrink Nero question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kcole, Jun 15, 2004.

1. ceallach

ceallach Member

I've been reading the guides that's how I've got this far. And I've also tried DVDShrink and it wouldn't work I kept getting an error. I think I'll give Nero Recode another try. I must be doing something wrong. It's frustrating to spend 6 hours waiting to find out it didn't work again.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I promise you the recipe I just gave you a few replys back is one of the easiest methods for backing a dvd there is. Make sure as I told michigan you get the STANDALONE version of dvd43. If win98 can't use it, try anydvd, it has a 30 trial before u have to purchase it. keep trying, you'll get it. Just run dvd43 or anydvd, put your dvd in your dvd-rom and open recode, follow what I told you earlier.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  3. ceallach

ceallach Member

Why do I need anydvd? Don't I have all I should need? I have already used DVD Decrypter and I have all of the files on my hard drive and I open those in Nero.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I already told you, do it however u want, i was just offering an easy solution to your problem. If u want to get right down to it, all u need is shrink and decrypter.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2004
  5. ceallach

ceallach Member

OK,I'm followin ya. I just want to make sure that I'm not missunderstanding anything here. Thanks for all of your help. I'm going to go try it again. If I fail I'll be back tomorrow.

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Hello ceallach,

As you see there are many ways to backup a dvd. First off since you are running Windows 98 and a fat32 filesystem, you [bold]cannot[/bold] burn with decrypter. DVD Decrypter will only burn ISO's(ISO files are over 4GB, and fat32 has a 4GB limitation). Michigan and Bigorange gave great instructions for those programs. One thing ... when using Shrink w/ Nero, click edit then preferences. Under the File I/O tab make sure you check the box to Enable burning with Nero.

What was the error message? It also helps if you explain the steps you are using, along with posting your system specs.

7. michigan

michigan Guest

big orange

I tried the standalone DVD43 that you gave me the link to and I still have the same problems (computer won't reboot) one time I got the computer to restart using "last known good configuration" and DVD43 was there but said it couldn't find any DVD drive in my system?

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

michigan, been working with remake and rebuilder, just now getting back to the threads. Are you saying it doesn't read your drive at all, or it doesn't read a DVD in your drive? One other thing, have you tried anydvd or dvd region free, both have 30 day trials. I'd be curious to see if either work since dvd43 doesn't. I'm not too surprised that dvd43 doesn't, your not the 1st to have problems with it, altho it has always worked fine for me. Actually anydvd has a better success rate at about %90, while dvd43 is at about %70 on ripping. I use both to cover all bases and so far I've yet to come across a movie that I haven't been able to work with.

9. michigan

michigan Guest

It can't find my DVD burner on my system so it won't load. maybe I'll try on of the others but it was just a try thing I like the shrink/decrypter/Nero combo.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Are you reading from a burner instead of a dvd-rom drive? Will it read it from your PC drive? It's hard on a burner to do that. Better to let your PC's drive do it to prolong the life of your burner. I understand your reasoning, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I, unfortunately can't leave well enuff alone. I'm constantly trying new ways to burn.

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You'll do better if you drop it to 4360MB, by pushing the limit of your disk even by so very little as 40MB it's not worth it to write to theextreme edge of your disc -

Cheers,

"P"

Sea yaaaaaaaaaa ~

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

He's baaaaaackkkkk!

13. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Pete,

Don't you drop it even more to like 4279 or so? Your wiggle room :)

14. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

I am so bloody confused, I am a newbie to DVD burning and have done much researching on this board and from what I learned I downloaded Decrypter and Shrink, I thought any movie has to decrypted first then use shrink but I am hearing people skip the decrypting and use shrink but when I do this it tells me it is protected or I need to change region and I can't change it, so I end up doing decrypting then shrink'
    Also I hear people don't use shrink but use their nero recode which I also have....how?

I am really trying here and doing what everyone suggests and research but I am reading so many conflicting things and when I try them it does not work.

What should I have downloaded and be using?

I have nero 6,DVD Shrink and Decrypter,I have a plextor 712A,should I add or delete something?, I want what will give the best picture and what is the easiest to use, so far I have only got one movie done with no errors.

I have all these nice functions with nero and I am not using them.

Someone set me straight.....LOL

Call me Mr.Confused

Any help is very appreciated:)

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I'm going to give you the easiest method of burning there is. If you have you have Nero Ultra 6, you are going to use recode 2. All you need is a ripper like dvd43, anydvd, or dvd region free. Any of these will run in the background and enable you to go into recode directly without using any other program. You install 1 of these, dvd43 is free, anydvd and dvdregion free costs 39.00 but they have a 30 day free trial. I would try anydvd, but the choice is up to you. I've heard dvd43 is not free if you use the standalone version, so to get the free one you have to install patin couffin, I woulld just use the 30 day anydvd trial. Once installed there is nothing to do with these programs, they do their work without you ever knowing they are there.I promise you this will work. I'm going to give you step by step instructions.
    1-open Nero

2-open recode

3-click on copy entire dvd to dvd, then click dvd-files

4-click on import dvd, when window pops up choose your drive with the movie title

5- wait 1-2 min. for nero to analyze

6-you will now have a screen divided up into 3 categories, menu,main movie,extras,sometimes there might be a 4th.

7-if you wish to re-author, that is take anything out to reduce compression to improve pic quality, here is where you do it, click on extras, leave menu and main movie alone,(I repeat, leave these 2 ALONE) you do this by clicking on the + mark

8-click on each title and preview it with your slider, you can then disable each one upon which nero will ask you to substitute a pic, say yes. Or you can raise compression on each title thereby lowering compression on the movie, if u want to keep that special feature. You can eliminate all extras by disabling them all at once and not hitting the + mark, same goes for compression, you can raise all compression on extras at once, thus raising quality of movie by lowering it's compression.
    8-when you are done, check fit to target- custom (4300), click next, and choose a temporary destination folder for nero to work out of.

9-check advanced analysis AND burn at once,

10-choose your burner as it's destination

11-click burn and wait 1-1/2 hrs., have a drink or two, do NOT do anything else on your PC, I mean NOTHING!

12-please play your movie and enjoy.

This method is called on the fly, it goes directly from your dvd-rom drive to the disc you are burning on, it is the most simple means for buring you can get, recode does an excellent job,btw, and you're only using one program. If you have problems you can pm me. I'll be glad to help
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You have all you need, Nero ultra 6 is one of the best all round packages you can get today. Onne thing about recode, it will give you a fully functional menu, even after re-authoring, shrink can't do this. Shrink can rip, recode can't, so that is why you need anydvd, etc. Nero does file conversion, creates menus, cover design, PC back-ups, audio, you're in fine shape with this program. So many programs, all in one package. It was my 1st purchase(shrink and decrypter were free) and I have never regretted it. If you follow what I said you will be burning in no time. You can then thank me, cash would be great! lol

17. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

You are a god send, thank you for taking the time to write this all, I will try this.:):)

Money is on its way....LOL

Allan
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Al[/small]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  18. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

Just downloaded DVD43 and it looks like it is working so far, after I burn I will come and tell whether it worked or not.:)

Again thank you.:)

19. Mrlovkim

Mrlovkim Regular member

It seems all I tried burning has failed,I am guessing its this patin couffin that was discussed when downloading DVD43, what is it and how do you install,where do I get it?

20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I tried to tell you to get anydvd. It's free for 30 days. That should give you enuff time to see if u want to buy it. DVD43 with the patin couffin can cause problems on some PC's. The standalone V. of dvd43 was free, now I'm hearing that it is going to cost after 30 days also. When u open recode are u getting a message saying can't copy protected material?