Dell Optiflex computer will not boot up

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Kafka, Aug 16, 2024.

1. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

It has always been my practice to turn off the computer at night. A few weeks ago I tried to start it but, despite a lot of whiring from the tower, the monotor remained blank and the scanner did not become operational. After lots of attempts at starting it a blue screen appeared which gave me a number of options for getting it up and running. After spending more time finding my BitLocker key I finally got Windows 11 to appear. Ever since then I have been afraid to turn the computer off and instead let it go to sleep overnight. Last night we had a very short blackout and the computer was turned off. As I had feared the old problem returned. I have created a bootable flash drive but I suspect it won't be of use should the problen recurr. Is there something I can do to fix the problem permanently? The computer is barely 9 months old.

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The whirring noise you heard sounds like a hard drive trying to start up, so that's where I would start looking. We will need the full specifications of your computer. If it's a commercial PC the make and model and basic configuration will help us get the information we need to assist you.