device driver keeps crashing XP.....

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by darier, Oct 9, 2003.

1. darier

darier Member

can't say definatly but it seems to be whenever I load a disc into either my DVD-ROM or DVD-RW.

I have and LG DVD-ROM and an Optorite DVD-RW drive. XP seems to restart just before or after a disc is loaded.

Sorry to be so vague but I'm wondering if anyone else has been seeing similar problems ????

2. geocean

geocean Member

Hi, I don't know if you have found a cause to your problem. But I seem to have a very similar problem.

I have a Optorite 0203 and WinXP, and every time, I freshly start the computer and load a disc, XP will restart; however, this restart seems to help as it won't crash anymore during the same usage (though the problem persists the following day).

3. darier

darier Member

one thing to try is to check the driver details for both your optical drives and make sure that both are digitally signed by Microsoft.
    I recall changing my driver details because the optorite drive had a driver from another manufacturer.
    Both my optical drives are digitally signed by microsoft and everything is working fine now.
    Try it and see.