Digital camcorder & camera in one body

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Metallo, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi all,

My old SONY Video 8 CCD-TR75E seems to be at the end of its life, after all, it gave me 15 years of wonderful movies and colors!

Now, I guess I'm not the only guy wishing to own a digital camcorder and a camera in one body.

Also, I'm into editing and DVD authoring, maybe my preference would go for a camcorder that can record in MPEG2, but I'm interested in reading your comments before I go and shop.

Thank you!
    Alessandro

2. Metallo

Metallo Member

Hi,

I thought this was the right forum to get answers about this subject.

If I'm wrong, would you please point me to the right one?

Thank you
    Alessandro

3. yeardley

yeardley Member

Does not record in MPEG2, but I had recently fallen for the Sanyo HD1.

Manufacturer's Link:

http://www.sanyo.com/entertainment/cameracorder/index.cfm?productID=1239

I actually just came into this forum to see if anyone had written any of their experiences with it. It records in MPEG-4, records to SD cards only, and has a ton of features including the ability to record in HD. However, I am not writing a commercial. I've read a lot of negatives about this camera, although a lot of that seems to have been a little premature. Most reviewers like it except for the fact that the HD video is not up to their expectations. However, I think it is being compared to some really high-end models in this regard, and the video that it does produce is subject to the same low-light problems that comes with any typical consumer camcorder, and an image shakyness that you'd find with just about anything so small, unless it has optical image stabilization as opposed to digital, but most camcorders don't.

When the conditions are right and the hand is held steady, this camera is supposed to record some beautiful video with vibrant colors. Check it out if you're interested. There's a lot of info to be read in more specialized camcorder forums if you do your google research.