DigiVox Advice Needed Please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Hunter008, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Hunter008

Hunter008 Member

Hi Guys,

A friend has asked me to have a look at his DigiVox,he doesnt know what year it is and I'm not at all familiar with them, but if you look at it head on the bottom section is silver and the top section is black with the "DigiVox" in the top right hand side of the black section.
    I've read thru various threads and cant figure which version of firmware to update it with, some say 1220, 2800, 4200. As its for a friend I dont want to break it altogether.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction please? He's in Dublin on NTHELL.

Thanks in advance

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

3. Hunter008

Hunter008 Member

Thanks Scouser,

I've reflashed it no bother, I did a factory reset, rescan on NTL (it pulls in all the channels) but they dont come up.
    I get a "scrambled or bad signal" message.
    I go to secret menu and turn "EMU" on.
    I left it on S*ySp**ts for ages and it stills gives me "data being updated [0%]"
    I'm pretty sure its not the signal as my Eurovox works no probs from that particular feed.

Any adivce or tips wuld be greatly appreciated.

PS: If I've over looked something silly I'm really sorry

4. SG8

SG8 Active member

I had a similar problem, but I think it is the signal, as on some of the channels on the Digivox the signal appears to be a bit stronger, mine eventually cleared by putting it onto sky sports, it updated to 100% but did not unscramble, i then changed channels and went back to sky sports again, and it then updated to 100% and unscrambled.

patience is required though, as i was switching on and off, factory resetting and turning emus on and off for a good while before i got it to work.

So, flash the firmware, do factory reset, switch the box off and then back on, scan for channels, into secret menu, emu on, go to sky sports (or whatever channel has a strong signal), if it does not move from 0% after 20 seconds, try another channel, if it does not unscramble after getting to 100%, change channel and then go back to the channel that it did move to 100% on and it should work!

5. markarman

markarman Regular member

hi guys,

i achieved the same result in a slightly different and slightly quicker way.

i flashed the 4200 image and did a factury reset.
    then i scanned for channels.
    then i switched on the emu.

at this point i had only the free channels.

i then manually input the codes (which we are not allowed to post here, but they can be found with a little bit of patience)
    then i restarted the box and voila i had all channels.

i dont know if, when the codes are rolled this software will autoupdate but as long as its working now i am happy.

as soon as an automatic updating software is available or proven i will post the news here

good luck all

Mark ..

6. david1966

david1966 Member

hi lads i tried to flash the uk fix for the digivox.when i browsed for it it was not there.i dragged it in and it downloaded.but when i connected the tv to it the screen is just blank and nothing happens i tried to download the old file back on but it wont let me any help thanks

7. mjl1

mjl1 Member

Hi Lads

I know with the eorovox Tx you can go into the secret menu and change code manually to regain the channells.Is it the same with digivox t and what is the code to gain access to secret menu?

8. mjl1

mjl1 Member

found code.Put in code same as eurovox tx.It works,back on line Thanks lads

9. cactikid

cactikid Active member

if it updates leave it let it run even up to 240%

10. cactikid

cactikid Active member

mark u have the silver digivox yes as that is silver box firmware,if it is black it is xl and wrong firmware.

11. SG8

SG8 Active member

I got the one I had working without inputting codes, so that means that it must have auto updated. It took a fair bit of messing about but got there eventually

12. markarman

markarman Regular member

thanks cacti and sg8. that makes me feel better.

i guess it will auto-update as and when they roll the codes.

probs christmas eve or christmas day just as the wizard of oz is about to come on the tv.

best of luck to everyone else

regards

Mark ..

13. Hunter008

Hunter008 Member

Thanks for all the advice guys but its still not working so I decided to flash it again with 4200 but now the display is stuck on "chdl" from what I can remember and it wont respond to the remote, does anyone know if this is fixable?

Thanks again

14. david1966

david1966 Member

same thing happened to me.i flashed the old firmware back on and got the box back working and manually put the codes on.ill leave it alone now till someone comes up with a proper fix.hope it works out.

15. mjl1

mjl1 Member

to solve chld problem,first go to to www.4ahared.com. Select eurovox,then eurovox mmds tx.The first option is CHLD fix.Follow instructions and the CHLD on box should vanish