Dirty Discs

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by p_fortt, Sep 7, 2005.

1. p_fortt

p_fortt Member

To all of wisdom i can backup my x box game using wsftpro, qwix and dvd decrypter im burning the games at 2x speed when i try the game it works fine but after 3 or 4 attempts the game will play then comes up as the disc is dirty and then the disc will not load again unless i leave it for a day or two i have a executer2 chip all replies would be grateful

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

when you take out the disc can you put another in and play it? is the disc hopt when you take it out? It could be that your laser is heating up trying to read the disc. Maybe it cant read the disc as well as others.

3. p_fortt

p_fortt Member

no i cant play anyother games and the disc is warm

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

When it cool's down place a regular disc in see if it heats up when you play that if not then try buying diffrent meida. Better media your laser lens might be having trouble reading the backup games.

If it still heats up then try sticking a fan behind where the grid is that lets air in the system to cool it down. Could be a fan problem inside the Xbox.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2005
  5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

I've come across this before..try clearing the folder "E/Cache"(just the contents, not the folder)..Can also make D:/ look the same as C:/!!! had me stumped till I found it

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@janrocks

I dont think the heating problem has anyhting to do with the problem you was having. I also had the same problem you had and used the CACHE method and worked but I think this is a diffrent problem.

I just wounder whats his fix was or if anything worked for him would have been good to get a reply back on what the problem could have been and how he fixed it or even if he got it fixed, so others can benifit from it if they have the same problem going on.

7. p_fortt

p_fortt Member

to all thanks for the info the problem was my media change the disc and everything was fine had bought a batch of duff disc because i could not copy any films to them either

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

@larrylje

Duff disks again?? The cache trick is worth remembering is things go weird....Thanks to Art..

p.s. to back up downloaded pal san andreas use the hdd loader as the main copy module just won't work (don't panic!! I've got the original but it's ntsc and my tv doesn't do that)

9. Deadtoe69

Deadtoe69 Guest

i had a dvd-r disc that was warm. it burn like crazy

it was a cheap brand of the disc

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Some acquired wisdom..I have some quality Ridisk Blue dvd-8x that don't work with a philips drive, samsung usually don't want to read anything + (or verbatim -r4x!!but that's just my drive) and the philips does cd-rw but not cd-r!! don't mention thomson..just weird...quality media doesn't always work with some drives, try getting some free samples and when something works stick with it..My faves are Arita Pink-8x and Ridata Silver-8x(not the most expensive but I find 'em reliable)