1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disks don't load after installing Wiikey

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by inapond, May 5, 2007.

1. jackoko88

jackoko88 Member

My wii is EU version, and the CD setup is PAL version.
    I didn't modified the setting before burning, how can I do it?

2. razvanro

razvanro Member

You can make the settings after install the wiikey , with the SETUP DISC ( http://www.wiikey.cn/resources.html ) . Insert the DVD and save the settings ... you will need a gamecube controler (joystick).
    You can't make the settings before burn the DVD (not cd), just after , in the wiikey menu !

3. wiiuser

wiiuser Member

i'v been reading the forum and unfortunately i can't find an answer to my problem or i'v overlooked a discussion.
    problem is that when i try to load an import game the wii will recognize the game in the disk channel but when i click start button the screen turns black and the wii "freezes". aka screen stays black, controller shuts off, wii doesn't respond to shutting the power off or reset button. have to pull the power plug and restart.

more than confident in the soldering job cuz a pro did it. v1 wii. config disc works. turned region override on. saved setting. reset wii. recognizes game but doesn't play, as stated above. the game is japanese import: Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX for the wii, game brand new out of package. theory is that it's a clone? or that the game isn't supported?

if this isn't the right thread for this (because i haven't seen anything on import discs) point me in the right direction

4. PastorT

PastorT Member

mate, did you recently upgrade your Nintendo Wii?

If the settings you choose with wiikey config disc doesnt stay saved, it means youve got a wiikey clone..

if the screen turns black when loading, you most likely got an wii upgrade through internet that withstands the modchip your using..

the only update I know which is safe is System 3.0E, this works with both Wiikey (original), Cyclowiz v2 and Wiid.. tried on all the different systems.. but if you upgrade above 3.0 and you cant play burned games any longer this means you just have to wait for a modchip/bios upgrade which can handle the new firmware.. the cat and mouse game continues..

if you didnt upgrade your system firmware, and all your other burned games works, then I guesse there must be something wrong with the patching of the game, OR.. it falls under the less 30% of oposite-region games that doesnt work with the chip :) I dont think 100% compatibility with other regions have been succeeded with any modchip for wii yet..

Hope that answered some of your questions :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  5. wiiuser

wiiuser Member

i'm not sure how to check what version of the update i'v downloaded. but i upgraded it yesterday. a problem might be that i bought the chip in may and its too "old", like you said the update is too new for the chip, could be a clone. either way sounds like i should get a new one. now the question is what is the most reliable site to buy it from?

6. wiiuser

wiiuser Member

actually i was wondering if modshipcentral.com was ok to buy from cuz they're having a half price sale.

7. PastorT

PastorT Member

Cyclowiz v2 is the best chip I know :) it supports different kinds of firmewares as well as it has an on/off button..

good luck :)

test other backup/games, do they also blacken out?

8. wiiuser

wiiuser Member

haven't made any backups, actually cuz i dont know how. normal games work so at least the wii isn't ruined

are there clones of the cyclowiz v2 floating about?

9. PastorT

PastorT Member

havent seen any, but you never know.. I reccomend divineo.cn to buy Cyclowiz v2 :) I live in Norway they live in China, I get it in 2-3 days with FedEx Express..

You burn backups of wii games on DVD-R discs with Nero or Clone CD.. if your backup file ends with .wii you need to unscramble it first.. with Wii Unscrambler, if it ends with .iso then your safe to burn your backup :)

10. wiiuser

wiiuser Member

i looked up my game online and it turns out that it's one of the only games that doesn't work on a US console. bummer. i'm gonna try to make backups and see if they work. i wonder if anyone can change the code and make a backup that works

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

PastorT, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP. yours is 192 pixels tall
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

12. wiijunkii

wiijunkii Member

Hey, I got a WiiKey clone about a week ago and can't run the updates from wiikey.cn (EU Wii)

It reads the DVD, but it doesn't work. I get an error saying to remove the disk and restart the Wii

Also, after installing the WiiKey, original DVDs stopped working. I backed a game up and it worked, but not all backups do.

The most recent update I tried was the 1.1, the one that doesn't require a GC controller and I got the same error.

Any ideas?

13. Eunn

Eunn Member

Hi~ First time posting here.
    After looking throught 3 different forums and reading everything about wiikey, I still couldn't find the exact answer that I'm looking for (and yes I used search engine). I'm sure it's been answered but I still have few things I'm confused about where I could fully understand.

I have 3.0 upgraded US version of Wii, and I installed wiikey(g)and I think I did pretty solid job connecting all connections.
    =====================================================================now here's problem
    The Original Wii game works after installation. (Fyi)

-I understand upgrading to 3.0 is giving people trouble, but there's 1.9 update avaliable(which I have)
    -I made 1.2b config set up disc and it's showing up as GameCube Disc and when I click on it, it gives me an error and ask for reset.
    -I downloaded homebrewed GC boot disc and made the GC boot disc(Nero 2x speed) but it won't read that boot disc.

So what step am I missing? Is it bad install? and how do you update 1.9 wiikey if it's CD iso and it won't read any type of CD.

ANY help would be benediction. thank you in advance.

Eunn

14. Menion

Menion Regular member

being that you have the 3.0 Update you can't boot the WiiKey update disc anymore reguardless 1.9 or not drop that out of the equation. If you would like to boot that WiiKey config disc then you will the GCOS boot disc. That should be the only disc you have troubles with being its posted everywhere lol but glad you posted in the correct thread. What you need to do is get a Back-Up wii ISO or GC ISO and play that if they boot up your install was correct and you can forget about the WiiKey update unless you need a region override.

15. jalari

jalari Member

If I understand it right, you cant use the updates on the clones. Welcome to the world of going cheap. :)

16. lstorm

lstorm Member

you are wrong in two things there.
    1. I have heard of clones that have been updated fine.
    2. People may pay the full prices thinking they get an original wiikey and instead they may get a clone. (like me)