1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4, Pre-Modded, or Advice

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by Concelor, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Concelor

Concelor Member

Hi all

Let me just start by saying this site has helped me a ton in the past
    Everyone here seems to know what they're talking about, and usually the topics I need help on I don't find a ton of trolls :)

My girlfriend recently got a job overseas in Japan teaching English
    I''d like to find a way to have a system that can play movies from both here (NTSC) and there (NTSC-J) as well as play games off the hard drive...saving as much spacve in her luggage as possible.
    I myself have been using the Memor32 HD loader mod for years and it works great for me, but it doesn't do that "on the fly" region free thing she needs
    Spending most of this week looking I've decided the DMS4 Pro S.E. might be the way to go, to give her the best traveling system.
    But I am having on hell of a time finding info on installation

I have 2 V7 systems lying around and cannot seem to find the diagrams and installation guides anywhere on the net.
    Does anyone happen to have those?

Also I am not so skilled with soldering, I'm more of a wii modder than PS2, so I was hoping to find a pre-modded system, if I couldn't install the chip (actaully that is the better of the two options) from a site or from someone who wants to sell theirs

After finding out most of the sites for pre-mods 9suggested on past threads) are gone, I'm guessing I'm on the tail end of the PS2 modding world
    Can anyone lend a hand, advice, or direction to help me out

Thanks in advance

2. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

I know of a couple places that sell premodded PS2, but with newer chip than DMS4

If your not that skilled with soldering, I don't recommend you do it yourself.

If you still want too though, then diagrams can be found here

http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=diagrams/ps2/dms4.html

The solderless DMS4 is not recommended from what I have heard.

Now as for Japan, it is NTSC same as US or Canada

I had a friend in Argentina who had Mexico NTSC and my Swap Magic NTSC worked on his PS2

Now I don't know for sure but you can just try it over there and see first.